How do you do it!!??

  • Kyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2012
      I take mostly real estate virtual tours using landscape shots using my D300s/10.5mm system. My tours are fine and make me money but my work is noting as spectacular as seen in this forum. Some of the photos here, especially the 360x360 shots are simply breath taking and I end up salivating on my keyboard wishing/hoping I can come close to the expertise exhibited here.

      I have not been very successful creating panos with the zenith/nadir shots. I have a NN4/ND16 head which works great. When I take shots in the portraiture mode, I take 6 shots (60degrees) then one nadir and one zenith shot. When I stitch them together they just do not look like the quality I see here. They just don't line up properly. Is there a good tutorial that shows how to properly do a pano in the portraiture mode?? Some show taking alternate shots tilting the camera 10 degrees up and down alternating between shots then taking the zenith and nadir shots. I would like to be able to do landscape and portraiture mode equally well. Any help/suggestions much appreciated.
      Kyle
    • Ron Rack
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2012
        Hi Kyle,
        If you are making money with your panos you are likely already ahead of most people on the list, maybe not in quality but everyone here wishes they were making money with panos. Anyway, I use the same equipment basically as you so you should be able to ramp up your quality. Sounds like maybe yoy just need to take some time to calibrate your system. You should be able to find the info you need here. This will take work and effort but is worth it.

        ron rack

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2012
          Am 16.01.2012 21:33, schrieb Ron Rack:
          > You should be able to find the info you need here. This will take work
          > and effort but is worth it.
          >
          > http://wiki.panotools.org/

          More tutorials and questions answered:
          http://www.ptgui.com/support.html
          http://www.johnhpanos.com/tuts.htm

          In general: Try to understand what actually goes on while you stitch a
          panorama. Try to understand concepts like the no-parallax-point, overlap
          blending, etc. If you don't find an answer on the web or if you don't
          understand it or if it simply doesn't work out ask a specific question
          here giving all available details.