Re: [PanoToolsNG] Shaving Nikon 10.5 Lens

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2012
      On 1/13/2012 5:49 AM, Kyle wrote:
      I have a Nikon D300S with the Nikon 105mm fisheye and am using it to do virtual tours for real estate. I don't see the lens hood in the viewfinder so am wondering if shaving will increase the view able area.

      Is shaving the lens worth the effort/expense? Effort being, doing it myself (which makes me worry about ruining the lens) and expense, If I have it done, where is a reliable place to have it done and what is the cost? I would prefer not to send the lens out of the US to have it done but also would want it done correctly. Any help/suggestions appreciated..

      Tobias Vollmer, Germany.  Examples, prices, the whole 9 yards.  http://www.360pano.de/en/tokina-sigma-nikon.html

      Kg

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large