nona to create jpg cubefaces?

  • Jan Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2012
      Hi all,

      I need nona to create -jpg cube-faces from an .jpg equirectangular image.

      For cube-faces panotools provides erect2cubic to create a .pto file:
      erect2cubic --erect=equi.jpg --ptofile=equi.pto

      With it nona then creates 6 .tif cube-faces:
      nona -o /out-folder/equi equi.pto

      Challenge is my source images are jpg. So is the equirectangular image.
      So have nona create .tif cube-faces from a .jpg is a huge waste of resources.

      So I edited the .pto file created by erect2cubic and replaced "TIFF_m"  by "JPEG".

      Unfortunately now nona creates only the front cube-face .jpg file.

      I think this is because according to nona help JPEG is set up as a "Single image formats without feathered blending".

      Any chance to get what I want, short of running nona 6 times with 6 different .pto files, which is a performance killer?

      Thanks,
      Jan