Re: PTViewerME - Conversion to Android App

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

      > Flash sucks on Android, let's just admit it.
      >
      > Even Krpano on Android, i'm HAPPY that it works, but it only barely works. But it is nothing compared to 3d css panos.

      Really?
      What Android device do you have. Even my 800mhz Desire Z works fine.
      However you need of course to optimize your panos to work with processors around 1 gHz and 512mb Ram.

      Its not much different than optimizing for a 10 year old computer with the same speed.

      And of course you also have to make navigation that matches the small screen sizes.

      You do not have that at 360cities and I also seen recently that the panning has become very bad also on my iMac 27"
      As far as I can see the friction setting is to high which results in the pano is taking over just after a small push panning by itself 180 degrees or more.
      Seems to be the same with the touchfriction setting. Just tried it on one pano and it just moves around up down by it self.

      I also guess that the large Google Map loading interferes at 360cities. It uses too much of the memory.

      Hans

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thomas: doesn�t Flash run quite well ???
      > > All my Androids (Samsung 7" Tab & HTC Desire S) with integrated Browser or even better with
      > > Dolphin-Browser display
      > > Flash pretty good - same publication as for desktops, so easy doing.
      > > Only the controller for desktops has to be reviewed- bigger buttons though.
      > > No problem with compex tours etc .
      > >
      > > Ciao
      > > Mike
      > > http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
      > > ----------------------------
      > > 360� VR Fotografie:
      > > http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>
      > >
      > > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
      > > http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
      > > -----------------------------
      > > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
      > > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>
      > >

      > > _____

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012

        For some reason the HTC phone and tablet are the only ones that DON’T completely suck.

        The rest of them are like trying to play doom on a 386  without a math coprocessor.

        Sacha Griffin

        http://www.seeit360.com

        http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

        http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

        EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

        IM: sachagriffin007@...

        Office: 404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Flash sucks on Android, let's just admit it.
          > >
          > > Even Krpano on Android, i'm HAPPY that it works, but it only barely works. But it is nothing compared to 3d css panos.
          >
          > Really?
          > What Android device do you have. Even my 800mhz Desire Z works fine.
          > However you need of course to optimize your panos to work with processors around 1 gHz and 512mb Ram.
          >
          > Its not much different than optimizing for a 10 year old computer with the same speed.
          >
          > And of course you also have to make navigation that matches the small screen sizes.
          >
          > You do not have that at 360cities and I also seen recently that the panning has become very bad also on my iMac 27"
          > As far as I can see the friction setting is to high which results in the pano is taking over just after a small push panning by itself 180 degrees or more.
          > Seems to be the same with the touchfriction setting. Just tried it on one pano and it just moves around up down by it self.

          Just an update regarding this.
          I tested all browsers and this happens only in Safari and Opera. The funny thing is that it disappears completely when you go fullscreen.
          I remember one of the first Flash 10 Betas had the same problem but ass far as I remember that was in Firefox.

          However I do not have this problem at panoramas.dk so it has to be some setting which Safari and Opera is very sensible for.

          And the behaviour on my Desire Z is really bad. I get pixalated previews which seems to hang on even after 1 minute. I can not understand that the server should be that slow.
          My own panos load in about 3 seconds on it even the ones in multitiles with 4000x4000 cubefaces or more.
          If I sometimes see any pixalated previews it is only a short blink that is gone in a second.

          Hans

          > I also guess that the large Google Map loading interferes at 360cities. It uses too much of the memory.
          >
          > Hans
          >

          > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Thomas: doesn�t Flash run quite well ???
          > > > All my Androids (Samsung 7" Tab & HTC Desire S) with integrated Browser or even better with
          > > > Dolphin-Browser display
          > > > Flash pretty good - same publication as for desktops, so easy doing.
          > > > Only the controller for desktops has to be reviewed- bigger buttons though.
          > > > No problem with compex tours etc .
          > > >
          > > > Ciao
          > > > Mike
          > > > http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
          > > > ----------------------------
          > > > 360� VR Fotografie:
          > > > http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>
          > > >
          > > > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
          > > > http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
          > > > -----------------------------
          > > > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
          > > > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>
          > > >

          > > > _____

        • ptgroup
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
            Jeffrey: I can NOT agree to this.
            My HTC Desire S runs fast and smooth with the images in my gallery - 4K images though.
            Even  my Galaxy 7 Tablet makes a fine job.
            Both with the integrated browser and with Dolphin.
            Dolphin works a little better.

            I even did not eleminate the controller,sound and pop-ups - everything still integrated and works fine.
            Just changed the controller to a mobile-optimized one (not online yet) with no pop-ups and
            larger buttons etc.
            So: what device did you test with ? A Galaxy Mini fails - much to little power.
            360cities runs well also. The controller is not that perfect, to small and "Fullscreen" I can´t access.
            But basically it runs god on my HTC.

            Ciao
            Mike
            http://www.virtugraf.de
            ----------------------------
            360° VR Fotografie:
            http://www.360de.de

            NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
            http://www.abstraktfoto.de
            -----------------------------
            Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
            http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

            Flash sucks on Android, let's just admit it.

            Even Krpano on Android, i'm HAPPY that it works, but it only barely works. But it is nothing compared to 3d css panos.

            > Thomas: doesn�t Flash run
            quite well ???
            > All my Androids (Samsung 7" Tab & HTC Desire S) with
            integrated Browser or even better with
            > Dolphin-Browser display

            Flash pretty good - same publication as for desktops, so easy doing.

            Only the controller for desktops has to be reviewed- bigger buttons though.
            > No problem with compex tours etc .
            >
            > Ciao

            Mike
            <http://www.virtugraf.de/>

            ----------------------------

            href="http://www.360de.de">http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>

            href="http://www.abstraktfoto.de">http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>

            -----------------------------

            href="http://virtugraf.wordpress.com">http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>

            href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von
            > thomas_krueger_eu
            > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Januar
            2012 09:50
            > An:
            href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

            Betreff: [PanoToolsNG] PTViewerME - Conversion to Android App

            > Looking for a native pano viewer for Android I found
            the following solution, but running the app on
            > a Nook Color with
            CyanogenMod the result is a error message: "3D-Graphics
            > not available on
            this device."

            > If anybody wants to test:
            > Converter jad > apk:
            href="http://www.netmite.com/android/srv/2.0/getapk.php">http://www.netmite.com/android/srv/2.0/getapk.php

            Paste the link to PTViewerME in the converter

            href="http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTViewerME/PTViewerME.jad">http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTViewerME/PTViewerME.jad

            href="http://www.netmite.net/android/rc/andme/2037/andme_signed.apk">http://www.netmite.net/android/rc/andme/2037/andme_signed.apk

            > _____
            >
            > I am using