PTViewerME - Conversion to Android App

  • thomas_krueger_eu
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012
      Looking for a native pano viewer for Android I found the following solution, but running the app on a Nook Color with CyanogenMod the result is a error message: "3D-Graphics
      not available on this device."

      If anybody wants to test:
      Converter jad > apk: http://www.netmite.com/android/srv/2.0/getapk.php
      Paste the link to PTViewerME in the converter
      http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTViewerME/PTViewerME.jad

      Download PTViewerME.apk on the Android device. To run the converted App the AppRunner from Netmite has to be installed.
      http://www.netmite.net/android/rc/andme/2037/andme_signed.apk
    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012
        Thomas: doesn´t Flash run quite well ???
        All my Androids (Samsung 7" Tab & HTC Desire S) with integrated Browser or even better with Dolphin-Browser display
        Flash pretty good - same publication as for desktops, so easy doing.
        Only the controller for desktops has to be reviewed- bigger buttons though.
        No problem with compex tours etc .

        Ciao
        Mike
        http://www.virtugraf.de
        ----------------------------
        360° VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de

        NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
        http://www.abstraktfoto.de
        -----------------------------
        Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
        http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

        Looking for a native pano viewer for Android I found the following solution, but running the app on a Nook Color with CyanogenMod the result is a error message: "3D-Graphics
        not available on this device."

        If anybody wants to test:
        Converter jad > apk: http://www.netmite.com/android/srv/2.0/getapk.php
        Paste the link to PTViewerME in the converter
        http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTViewerME/PTViewerME.jad

        Download PTViewerME.apk on the Android device. To run the converted App the AppRunner from Netmite has to be installed.
        http://www.netmite.net/android/rc/andme/2037/andme_signed.apk

        Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
      • prague
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
          Flash sucks on Android, let's just admit it.

          Even Krpano on Android, i'm HAPPY that it works, but it only barely works. But it is nothing compared to 3d css panos.

          > Thomas: doesn�t Flash run quite well ???
          > All my Androids (Samsung 7" Tab & HTC Desire S) with integrated Browser or even better with
          > Dolphin-Browser display
          > Flash pretty good - same publication as for desktops, so easy doing.
          > Only the controller for desktops has to be reviewed- bigger buttons though.
          > No problem with compex tours etc .
          >
          > Ciao
          > Mike
          > http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
          > ----------------------------
          > 360� VR Fotografie:
          > http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>
          >
          > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
          > http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
          > -----------------------------
          > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
          > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>
          >

          > _____

        • Hans
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

            > Flash sucks on Android, let's just admit it.
            >
            > Even Krpano on Android, i'm HAPPY that it works, but it only barely works. But it is nothing compared to 3d css panos.

            Really?
            What Android device do you have. Even my 800mhz Desire Z works fine.
            However you need of course to optimize your panos to work with processors around 1 gHz and 512mb Ram.

            Its not much different than optimizing for a 10 year old computer with the same speed.

            And of course you also have to make navigation that matches the small screen sizes.

            You do not have that at 360cities and I also seen recently that the panning has become very bad also on my iMac 27"
            As far as I can see the friction setting is to high which results in the pano is taking over just after a small push panning by itself 180 degrees or more.
            Seems to be the same with the touchfriction setting. Just tried it on one pano and it just moves around up down by it self.

            I also guess that the large Google Map loading interferes at 360cities. It uses too much of the memory.

            Hans

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Thomas: doesn�t Flash run quite well ???
            > > All my Androids (Samsung 7" Tab & HTC Desire S) with integrated Browser or even better with
            > > Dolphin-Browser display
            > > Flash pretty good - same publication as for desktops, so easy doing.
            > > Only the controller for desktops has to be reviewed- bigger buttons though.
            > > No problem with compex tours etc .
            > >
            > > Ciao
            > > Mike
            > > http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
            > > ----------------------------
            > > 360� VR Fotografie:
            > > http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>
            > >
            > > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
            > > http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
            > > -----------------------------
            > > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
            > > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>
            > >

            > > _____

          • Sacha Griffin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012

              For some reason the HTC phone and tablet are the only ones that DON’T completely suck.

              The rest of them are like trying to play doom on a 386  without a math coprocessor.

              Sacha Griffin

              http://www.seeit360.com

              http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

              http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

              EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

              IM: sachagriffin007@...

              Office: 404-551-4275

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Flash sucks on Android, let's just admit it.
                > >
                > > Even Krpano on Android, i'm HAPPY that it works, but it only barely works. But it is nothing compared to 3d css panos.
                >
                > Really?
                > What Android device do you have. Even my 800mhz Desire Z works fine.
                > However you need of course to optimize your panos to work with processors around 1 gHz and 512mb Ram.
                >
                > Its not much different than optimizing for a 10 year old computer with the same speed.
                >
                > And of course you also have to make navigation that matches the small screen sizes.
                >
                > You do not have that at 360cities and I also seen recently that the panning has become very bad also on my iMac 27"
                > As far as I can see the friction setting is to high which results in the pano is taking over just after a small push panning by itself 180 degrees or more.
                > Seems to be the same with the touchfriction setting. Just tried it on one pano and it just moves around up down by it self.

                Just an update regarding this.
                I tested all browsers and this happens only in Safari and Opera. The funny thing is that it disappears completely when you go fullscreen.
                I remember one of the first Flash 10 Betas had the same problem but ass far as I remember that was in Firefox.

                However I do not have this problem at panoramas.dk so it has to be some setting which Safari and Opera is very sensible for.

                And the behaviour on my Desire Z is really bad. I get pixalated previews which seems to hang on even after 1 minute. I can not understand that the server should be that slow.
                My own panos load in about 3 seconds on it even the ones in multitiles with 4000x4000 cubefaces or more.
                If I sometimes see any pixalated previews it is only a short blink that is gone in a second.

                Hans

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012
                  Jeffrey: I can NOT agree to this.
                  My HTC Desire S runs fast and smooth with the images in my gallery - 4K images though.
                  Even  my Galaxy 7 Tablet makes a fine job.
                  Both with the integrated browser and with Dolphin.
                  Dolphin works a little better.

                  I even did not eleminate the controller,sound and pop-ups - everything still integrated and works fine.
                  Just changed the controller to a mobile-optimized one (not online yet) with no pop-ups and
                  larger buttons etc.
                  So: what device did you test with ? A Galaxy Mini fails - much to little power.
                  360cities runs well also. The controller is not that perfect, to small and "Fullscreen" I can´t access.
                  But basically it runs god on my HTC.

                  Ciao
                  Mike
                  http://www.virtugraf.de
                  ----------------------------
                  360° VR Fotografie:
                  http://www.360de.de

                  NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                  http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                  -----------------------------
                  Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                  http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                  Flash sucks on Android, let's just admit it.

                  Even Krpano on Android, i'm HAPPY that it works, but it only barely works. But it is nothing compared to 3d css panos.

                  > Thomas: doesn�t Flash run
                  quite well ???
                  > All my Androids (Samsung 7" Tab & HTC Desire S) with
                  integrated Browser or even better with
                  > Dolphin-Browser display

                  Flash pretty good - same publication as for desktops, so easy doing.

                  Only the controller for desktops has to be reviewed- bigger buttons though.
                  > No problem with compex tours etc .
                  >
                  > Ciao

                  Mike
                  <http://www.virtugraf.de/>

                  ----------------------------

                  href="http://www.360de.de">http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>

                  href="http://www.abstraktfoto.de">http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>

                  -----------------------------

                  href="http://virtugraf.wordpress.com">http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>

                  href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von
                  > thomas_krueger_eu
                  > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Januar
                  2012 09:50
                  > An:
                  href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                  > Looking for a native pano viewer for Android I found
                  the following solution, but running the app on
                  > a Nook Color with
                  CyanogenMod the result is a error message: "3D-Graphics
                  > not available on
                  this device."

                  > If anybody wants to test:
                  > Converter jad > apk:
                  href="http://www.netmite.com/android/srv/2.0/getapk.php">http://www.netmite.com/android/srv/2.0/getapk.php

                  Paste the link to PTViewerME in the converter

                  href="http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTViewerME/PTViewerME.jad">http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTViewerME/PTViewerME.jad

                  href="http://www.netmite.net/android/rc/andme/2037/andme_signed.apk">http://www.netmite.net/android/rc/andme/2037/andme_signed.apk

                  > _____
                  >
                  > I am using