RE: [PanoToolsNG] London NYE

  • Jean-Marc Paratte
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2012

      Hi,

      Nice (fire)works !

      What kind of pano projection is it ? Because the lines are curved on borders. Is it a fisheye projection ?

      The chosen projection produces on video some segmentation effects, the video is not curved linearly.

      jmP

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2012
        Color, exposure and position could all do with fine tuning. I didnt notice full screen not working, ill look into that.
        Are progress bars/timelines possible within krpano? definately preferable if so.

        > Wow! impressive. At first I was thinking you needed to color match the pano and
        > video better but as the show starts it is obvious that with the light changing
        > in the video so much that that was impossible.
        >
        > I do wish fullscreen would work and to have a progress bar or video time line to
        > manipulate.
        >
        > Good job.
        > Jim
        >
        > On 2012-01-02 12:14 PM, lifeinmegapixels wrote:
        > > The first pano ive done with video embedded in it. Clearly much to learn but it will suffice for now. A 360 degree scene with a video of the NYE fireworks display in London: http://lifeinmegapixels.com/ptp/nye/nye.swf
        > >

        > --
        > Jim Watters
        > http://photocreations.ca

      • lifeinmegapixels
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2012
          The panorama itself has a touch of fisheye in it, i find the pure rectilinear to be unpleasant at the UWA required to see the whole video at once. The video is also fisheye (Tokina 10-17@10mm,APS-C)

          Could you elaborate on 'segmentation effects', im not certain what you mean. Do you mean compression artifacts? the video is fairly heavily compressed to make it suitable for web streaming...