London NYE

  • lifeinmegapixels
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
      The first pano ive done with video embedded in it. Clearly much to learn but it will suffice for now. A 360 degree scene with a video of the NYE fireworks display in London: http://lifeinmegapixels.com/ptp/nye/nye.swf
    • Jim Watters
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
        Wow! impressive. At first I was thinking you needed to color match the pano and
        video better but as the show starts it is obvious that with the light changing
        in the video so much that that was impossible.

        I do wish fullscreen would work and to have a progress bar or video time line to
        manipulate.

        Good job.
        Jim

        --
        Jim Watters
        http://photocreations.ca
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2012

          Hi,

          Nice (fire)works !

          What kind of pano projection is it ? Because the lines are curved on borders. Is it a fisheye projection ?

          The chosen projection produces on video some segmentation effects, the video is not curved linearly.

          jmP

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2012
            Color, exposure and position could all do with fine tuning. I didnt notice full screen not working, ill look into that.
            Are progress bars/timelines possible within krpano? definately preferable if so.

            > Wow! impressive. At first I was thinking you needed to color match the pano and
            > video better but as the show starts it is obvious that with the light changing
            > in the video so much that that was impossible.
            >
            > I do wish fullscreen would work and to have a progress bar or video time line to
            > manipulate.
            >
            > Good job.
            > Jim
            >
            > On 2012-01-02 12:14 PM, lifeinmegapixels wrote:
            > > The first pano ive done with video embedded in it. Clearly much to learn but it will suffice for now. A 360 degree scene with a video of the NYE fireworks display in London: http://lifeinmegapixels.com/ptp/nye/nye.swf
            > >

            > --
            > Jim Watters
            > http://photocreations.ca

          • lifeinmegapixels
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2012
              The panorama itself has a touch of fisheye in it, i find the pure rectilinear to be unpleasant at the UWA required to see the whole video at once. The video is also fisheye (Tokina 10-17@10mm,APS-C)

              Could you elaborate on 'segmentation effects', im not certain what you mean. Do you mean compression artifacts? the video is fairly heavily compressed to make it suitable for web streaming...