Re: Your expert advice for converting TIFFs to JPGs?

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 30, 2011
      Am 28.12.2011 02:31, schrieb Peter:
      > I finish making a blended and stitched panoramic and I have a very
      > large TIFF file. How should I convert it to JPEG and make it smaller
      > and more manageable?

      For best printing results don't convert. If you need to convert use the
      highest possible quality setting. If you have a file size limitation
      first reduce pixel size to a tolerable value. This depends on how large
      the image will be and how it will be shown: 300 ppi for high quality
      prints, 150 ppi for medium quality, 75 ppi for posters that will be
      viewed from a distance. Then reduce quality until below file size limit.
      This should be possible with any image editor or viewer.