Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panoweaver,Tourweaver review & help needed to choose the camera

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 27, 2011
      Am 27.12.2011 11:47, schrieb sachinpate007:
      > Which camera will give me better image quality? Sorry to say but I
      > don't understand cameras and image parameters. I need to have
      > excellent image quality which will produce highest quality panorama.

      You should consider a few things for a decision. What exactly do you
      mean by "image quality"? If you mean resolution the focal length of the
      lens plays a higher role than the camera. You can always get higher
      resolution from a given camera by using a longer lens and shoot more
      images. So camera resolution is only relevant if you want to get a
      higher panorama resolution with a given number of shots. For a table see
      http://wiki.panotools.org/DSLR_spherical_resolution

      Next thing to consider is dynamic range. If you shoot interiors or other
      non-moving scenery you can always extend dynamic range by shooting
      bracketed. If you go for crowd panoramas the dynamic range of the camera
      might be an issue. You get nice diagrams to compare those features on
      http://www.dxomark.com/index.php especially http://tinyurl.com/d6xt3ps

      Color depth and low light abilities might be an issue as well...