Sony A55

  • rcgillespie
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2011
      This may be off subject, but I need some help.

      Seven months ago I bought a Sony A55.

      Great camera. Take good sweep panoramas on the fly,

      The other day I started to get "camera error" and it would not shoot.

      I formated the memory card, nothing.

      Updated firmware, nothing.

      Tried different lenses, nothing.

      So I sent it to Sony because it is still under warrantee
      I get a call from Sony repair saying the warrentee is void because
      the camera has been expose to mositure and has serious condensation
      and can not be repaired.

      I never have exposed the camera to moisture.
      Even when I shoot in the cold, I put it in a camera bag before
      bringing inside.

      So it is my word against Sony.

      I have yet to talk to the technician that looked at it.

      I have talked with higher ups and they will not warrentee the camera.

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks,
      Richard