Google Street View on Google Earth

  • Jim Watters
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2011
      I just found out that it is possible to view Google Street View in Google Earth. The full version not the plugin.
      http://www.google.com/earth/download/ge/agree.html

      They have improved the transitions from point to point. Before it was a global slide or zoom, now there is an interpolation of the imagery data allowing a more fluid transition between nodes. The mouse wheel no longer is used to zoom but to move forward or backwards on the road. So it is possible to basically run down the street displaying only the low resolution images until you pause then the higher resolution images are displayed. Moving slower a step at a time the high resolution images are used.

      There is still lots of room for improvement for the transitions, but I find it is much easier to stay oriented moving down the street.

      --
      Jim Watters
      http://photocreations.ca