Re: [PanoToolsNG] TFPS - Trillion Frames Per Second

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2011
      Well, it does seem to be limited to static scenes. Multiple laser pulses is just photographed at different very precise timings. So precise, that it looks in a movie like the same laser pulse traveling. Like a high-tech wagon wheel effect.

      But there are some cool applications discussed here:

      “An ultimate dream is, how do you create studio-like lighting from a compact flash? How can I take a portable camera that has a tiny flash and create the illusion that I have all these umbrellas, and sport lights, and so on?” asks Raskar, the NEC Career Development Associate Professor of Media Arts and Sciences. “With our ultrafast imaging, we can actually analyze how the photons are traveling through the world. And then we can recreate a new photo by creating the illusion that the photons started somewhere else.”

      On Dec 13, 2011, at 7:01 PM, Mark Fink wrote:

      Bracket every conceivable combination of shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focal
      length, AND focus position, then run through Enfuse