Re: PT Gui

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2011
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <riclod@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys
      > I'm new to PT Gui. I had been stitching QTVR's together on an off-brand authoring software which had a lot fewer stitching adjustments. So far I've been just using the auto settings when importing images, but I was wondering about the significance of the "focal length multiplier"?
      > Rick

      The only significant parameter for the focal length is the Horisontal Field og view.

      The other options are just "helpers" if you do not know the FOV of your lens.

      Remember that if you are using EXIF to set the data and you use a shorter than 15mm rectilinear lens you have to change the settings from fisheye to rectilinear.
      Check the options for this in the preferences under EXIF.

      Hans
    • Fernando Chaves
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2011
        <but I was wondering about the significance of the "focal length
        multiplier"?
        Rick>

        Hi,
        It's the camera crop factor. Like 1.6 to Canon 7D or 1.5 to Nikon.
        Best regards,
        Fernando
      • Richard
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2011