Re: Circleshot- Expensive and Danish

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert C. Fisher" <bob@...> wrote:

      > Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
      > I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
      > they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
      > makes pricing difficult.

      This is actually the inventor of the famous Imacon scanner, Christian Poulsen.
      He was also CEO of Hasselblad from 2004-2009.

      Read more here.
      http://www.circleshot.com/circleshot/

      I guess they have released this pressrelease a little too early for the Danish Goecker company which is the largest Pro Photo Company in Denmark.

      Hans

      > On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
      >

      > > Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
      > > products for presenting their own products ;)
      > > The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
      > > little rock, and it was even just single-row!
      > >
      > > --
      > > Bjørn K Nilssen - bk@... - 3D and panoramas
      > >

      > Cheers
      > Robert C. Fisher
      > VR Photography / Cinematography
      > bob@...
      > http://www.rcfisher.com
      > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

    • Matt Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
        I know more than a few. The good news is a new group of manufacturers is on the rise. The trail blazing manufactures are no longer around though.

        Fotorobot
        xyimager
        pamco
        Ortery

        I have a couple in mind, but I can not think of the names. I didn't mean to leave them out.
        We on the other hand still make out own. Just a preference thing

        Matt Smith
        PhotoSpherix
        317.396.5791
        Indianapolis, Indiana USA

        On Dec 7, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Robert C. Fisher wrote:

        Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
        I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
        they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
        makes pricing difficult.

        On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

        Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
        products for presenting their own products ;)
        The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
        little rock, and it was even just single-row!

        Cheers
        Robert C. Fisher
        VR Photography / Cinematography
        bob@...