Re: [PanoToolsNG] Circleshot- Expensive and Danish

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
      På Wed, 07 Dec 2011 13:45:50 +0100, skrev Hans <hans@...>:

      > May be of interest for some.
      > Just got it in my Newsletter from Goeckers.
      >
      > http://www.circleshot.com/
      >
      > Price for basic turnable with software 35.000 DKR +VAT 25% (6.300 USD + VAT)
      >
      > Hans

      Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own products for presenting their own products ;)
      The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a little rock, and it was even just single-row!

    • Robert C. Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
        Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
        I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
        they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
        makes pricing difficult.

        On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

        > Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
        > products for presenting their own products ;)
        > The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
        > little rock, and it was even just single-row!
        >
        > --
        > Bjørn K Nilssen - bk@... - 3D and panoramas

        Cheers
        Robert C. Fisher
        VR Photography / Cinematography
        bob@...
        http://www.rcfisher.com
        Facebook - Robert C. Fisher
      • Hans
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert C. Fisher" <bob@...> wrote:

          > Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
          > I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
          > they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
          > makes pricing difficult.

          This is actually the inventor of the famous Imacon scanner, Christian Poulsen.
          He was also CEO of Hasselblad from 2004-2009.

          Read more here.
          http://www.circleshot.com/circleshot/

          I guess they have released this pressrelease a little too early for the Danish Goecker company which is the largest Pro Photo Company in Denmark.

          Hans

          > On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
          >

          > > Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
          > > products for presenting their own products ;)
          > > The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
          > > little rock, and it was even just single-row!
          > >
          > > --
          > > Bjørn K Nilssen - bk@... - 3D and panoramas
          > >

          > Cheers
          > Robert C. Fisher
          > VR Photography / Cinematography
          > bob@...
          > http://www.rcfisher.com
          > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

        • Matt Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
            I know more than a few. The good news is a new group of manufacturers is on the rise. The trail blazing manufactures are no longer around though.

            Fotorobot
            xyimager
            pamco
            Ortery

            I have a couple in mind, but I can not think of the names. I didn't mean to leave them out.
            We on the other hand still make out own. Just a preference thing

            Matt Smith
            PhotoSpherix
            317.396.5791
            Indianapolis, Indiana USA

            On Dec 7, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Robert C. Fisher wrote:

            Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
            I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
            they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
            makes pricing difficult.

            On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

            Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
            products for presenting their own products ;)
            The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
            little rock, and it was even just single-row!

            Cheers
            Robert C. Fisher
            VR Photography / Cinematography
            bob@...