Re: [PanoToolsNG] Circleshot- Expensive and Danish

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
      And very fist company mentioning 2.5D ... some of them must be geographers ... ;)

      Bostjan

      Just got it in my Newsletter from Goeckers.

      http://www.circleshot.com/

      Price for basic turnable with software 35.000 DKR +VAT 25% (6.300 USD + VAT)

      Hans

    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
        På Wed, 07 Dec 2011 13:45:50 +0100, skrev Hans <hans@...>:

        > May be of interest for some.
        > Just got it in my Newsletter from Goeckers.
        >
        > http://www.circleshot.com/
        >
        > Price for basic turnable with software 35.000 DKR +VAT 25% (6.300 USD + VAT)
        >
        > Hans

        Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own products for presenting their own products ;)
        The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a little rock, and it was even just single-row!

      • Robert C. Fisher
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
          Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
          I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
          they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
          makes pricing difficult.

          On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

          > Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
          > products for presenting their own products ;)
          > The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
          > little rock, and it was even just single-row!
          >
          > --
          > Bjørn K Nilssen - bk@... - 3D and panoramas

          Cheers
          Robert C. Fisher
          VR Photography / Cinematography
          bob@...
          http://www.rcfisher.com
          Facebook - Robert C. Fisher
        • Hans
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert C. Fisher" <bob@...> wrote:

            > Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
            > I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
            > they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
            > makes pricing difficult.

            This is actually the inventor of the famous Imacon scanner, Christian Poulsen.
            He was also CEO of Hasselblad from 2004-2009.

            Read more here.
            http://www.circleshot.com/circleshot/

            I guess they have released this pressrelease a little too early for the Danish Goecker company which is the largest Pro Photo Company in Denmark.

            Hans

            > On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
            >

            > > Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
            > > products for presenting their own products ;)
            > > The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
            > > little rock, and it was even just single-row!
            > >
            > > --
            > > Bjørn K Nilssen - bk@... - 3D and panoramas
            > >

            > Cheers
            > Robert C. Fisher
            > VR Photography / Cinematography
            > bob@...
            > http://www.rcfisher.com
            > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

          • Matt Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
              I know more than a few. The good news is a new group of manufacturers is on the rise. The trail blazing manufactures are no longer around though.

              Fotorobot
              xyimager
              pamco
              Ortery

              I have a couple in mind, but I can not think of the names. I didn't mean to leave them out.
              We on the other hand still make out own. Just a preference thing

              Matt Smith
              PhotoSpherix
              317.396.5791
              Indianapolis, Indiana USA

              On Dec 7, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Robert C. Fisher wrote:

              Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
              I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
              they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
              makes pricing difficult.

              On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

              Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
              products for presenting their own products ;)
              The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
              little rock, and it was even just single-row!

              Cheers
              Robert C. Fisher
              VR Photography / Cinematography
              bob@...