Circleshot- Expensive and Danish

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
      May be of interest for some.
      Just got it in my Newsletter from Goeckers.

      http://www.circleshot.com/

      Price for basic turnable with software 35.000 DKR +VAT 25% (6.300 USD + VAT)

      Hans
    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
        And very fist company mentioning 2.5D ... some of them must be geographers ... ;)

        Bostjan

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
          På Wed, 07 Dec 2011 13:45:50 +0100, skrev Hans <hans@...>:

          > May be of interest for some.
          > Just got it in my Newsletter from Goeckers.
          >
          > http://www.circleshot.com/
          >
          > Price for basic turnable with software 35.000 DKR +VAT 25% (6.300 USD + VAT)
          >
          > Hans

          Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own products for presenting their own products ;)
          The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a little rock, and it was even just single-row!

        • Robert C. Fisher
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
            Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
            I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
            they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
            makes pricing difficult.

            On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

            > Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
            > products for presenting their own products ;)
            > The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
            > little rock, and it was even just single-row!
            >
            > --
            > Bjørn K Nilssen - bk@... - 3D and panoramas

            Cheers
            Robert C. Fisher
            VR Photography / Cinematography
            bob@...
            http://www.rcfisher.com
            Facebook - Robert C. Fisher
          • Hans
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert C. Fisher" <bob@...> wrote:

              > Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
              > I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
              > they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
              > makes pricing difficult.

              This is actually the inventor of the famous Imacon scanner, Christian Poulsen.
              He was also CEO of Hasselblad from 2004-2009.

              Read more here.
              http://www.circleshot.com/circleshot/

              I guess they have released this pressrelease a little too early for the Danish Goecker company which is the largest Pro Photo Company in Denmark.

              Hans

              > On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
              >

              > > Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
              > > products for presenting their own products ;)
              > > The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
              > > little rock, and it was even just single-row!
              > >
              > > --
              > > Bjørn K Nilssen - bk@... - 3D and panoramas
              > >

              > Cheers
              > Robert C. Fisher
              > VR Photography / Cinematography
              > bob@...
              > http://www.rcfisher.com
              > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

            • Matt Smith
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 7, 2011
                I know more than a few. The good news is a new group of manufacturers is on the rise. The trail blazing manufactures are no longer around though.

                Fotorobot
                xyimager
                pamco
                Ortery

                I have a couple in mind, but I can not think of the names. I didn't mean to leave them out.
                We on the other hand still make out own. Just a preference thing

                Matt Smith
                PhotoSpherix
                317.396.5791
                Indianapolis, Indiana USA

                On Dec 7, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Robert C. Fisher wrote:

                Are these guys for real? Very poor marketing materials. At this point
                I know of only one other company making object turtables and such and
                they aren't cheap either. The problem is low volume on these things
                makes pricing difficult.

                On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:51 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

                Funny how they managed to completely forget to use their own
                products for presenting their own products ;)
                The only object-movie I found on the site was under the Showcase; a
                little rock, and it was even just single-row!

                Cheers
                Robert C. Fisher
                VR Photography / Cinematography
                bob@...