Re: do you want an Attitude Sensor for your camera?

  • prague
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 7, 2011
      Ok,

      I'll get to work with Robot Boy and if we make something that is usable, I'll respond here :)

      by the way, if anyone has a better suggestion than this device,
      http://store.ckdevices.com/products/Mongoose-9DoF-IMU-with-Barometric-Pressure-Sensor-.html
      please speak up ;)

      best,
      jeffrey

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "aaronmspence" <aaron@...> wrote:

      > I'm very interested in such a device.
      >
      > The Someta Geotagger Pro ( http://www.solmeta-test.com/index.php/Product/show/id/1 ) is supposed to record tilt and yaw, but not into the EXIF file. Just into it's own log file.
      >
      > It's on my never ending list of things to look into.
      >
      > Aaron Spence.
      > http://panedia.com
      >

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Martin <panoramas@> wrote:
      > >
      > > new invention!
      > >
      > > starting from a discussion on the hugin list,
      > > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/hugin-ptx/UqErsdCKoAk
      > > I think I'm going to build (well - i'm going to ask my intrepid friend
      > > Robot Boy to build for me) an "attitude sensor" - it will record the Yaw,
      > > Pitch, Roll of a photo, and write it directly to the Exif data when the
      > > picture is shot. It will work only with Nikon SLRs I guess (only nikon has
      > > those tethered gps devices which write to the exif - it will be similar to
      > > this)
      > >
      > > This will theoretically allow you to shoot panos and then just load them on
      > > your computer and view the pano without stitching them; alternately it will
      > > let you load the images into your stitching program with the "rough
      > > position" of your images already there - similar to what you already do if
      > > you use a gigapixel robot such as papywizard or clauss, in order to
      > > drastically improve stitching reliability.
      > >
      > > I can imagine that it will allow you to shoot "Dorin's Stitchless Panos"
      > > very very easily. And other good stuff.
      > >
      > > Is anyone interested in such a device? Maybe this could end up as a
      > > kickstarter project... I for one find it exciting. Am I alone? :)
      > >
      > > Jeffrey

    • prague
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 14, 2011
        Great find, thanks Bjorn!

        I would already be using it if I didn't leave my phone in my car a few minutes ago :)

        this is a good start, if only for testing and playing around.

        Jeff