Re: New version of Samyang 8mm for Nikon

  • cvoneinem
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2011
      That's a reoccuring myth. I'm not sure how the Canon cameras get along with pre-EOS lenses but my D-300 works quite nicely with the manual lenses I have. Beginning with the D200 / D2 on all pro / semi-pro models you just need to set the widest aperture in the camera's settings and you'll have the right info for exposure/aperture in the EXIF info and also automatic exposure works as expected (e.g. comparing to how it works on a F3).

      Auto exposure is highly overrated btw ;-)