video virtual tours

  • tim_woolford2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2011
      Has anyone any experience, views etc on producing 180x180 virtual tour videos using a fisheye lens on a fullframe SLR recording video?

      I know there are several kits available based on the one-shot mirror type setup which will capture (nearly) 360x180. I'd like to use my existing kit (canon 5D mk2 with a 8mm fisheye) and capture 180x180 video stream. Two issues I see are 1) converting the fisheye frames and 2) finding a suitable viewer. While this is not a full 360x180 it would still make for an interesting,engagning video experience.

      Look forward to getting your comments.

      Tim
    • texas360dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2011
        Several years ago Prof Dersch [Heritage - PTVIEWER] used a Nikon Fisheye FE-8 lens duct taped over the digital handy cam movie camera. I remember he walked down a street, through a crowd of people before coming to a stop about 5 minutes later. He used one of his frame software to convert the movie to a panorama movie which he displayed on the internet.

        Maybe you could try video with your Fisheye lens and Canon 5d II.

        Someone here on forum might know Prof Dersch's website URL. Or try Panoguide.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2011
          Am 05.12.2011 15:24, schrieb texas360dave:
          > Someone here on forum might know Prof Dersch's website URL

          A mirror of the old page shut down in 2002 can be found on
          http://www.panotools.org/dersch/

          But the video is most likely located on his current page:
          http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/

          Could it be it is
          http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/mp/MotionPanoramas.html ?

          Regarding the original question:

          As far as I know krpano can display panoramic video:
          http://krpano.com/video/

          Same is true for the lucid viewer: http://www.lucid.it/