Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Information commissioner: very final !

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 3, 2011
      I didn't take all my panos offline and I didn't announce that. I have kept that what is needed for e-learning programmes with direct links to my site (web sites but mostly moodle e-learnig classrooms). And I am  still taking panos - here I was two days ago:  http://www.burger.si/KSA/Rzenik/01.html%c2%a0and here: http://www.burger.si/KSA/Konj/01.html%c2%a0. (documenting Alps: http://www.burger.si/KSA/ksa_zemljevid.html%c2%a0) That panos show acctuall my daily life ...  I am not "urban" man... towns and streets are only a very small part of my panos.
      I have taken away only urban areas ... most of people "have got" the parody "So long and thanks ..." from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy . That space birocartic creatures and (slovenian) birocracy... that is my way of the protest, as it was that masking peoples faces with African masks... as masking was not enought, but I need to unrecoverby  delete my source images after masking, it was safe to remove masked panos and find other resistance. As a fair citizen I need to obey the legal institution but I have a right to make a fun from it in a fair way untill it change the decision. Here in Slovenia are only random shooting panoraphers and only few responded. Even some Slovenian diplomats has responded using my web site for a Slovenian promotion last decade, as some stuff has vanished and that text from HG2Galaxy appeared... they got a clue and it very embarrassing...but not for me ;)

      Boštjan

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 3, 2011
        Hey Bostjan :-)

        On 12/04/2011, at 8:17 AM, Bostjan Burger wrote:
        > but I need to unrecoverby delete my source images after masking,

        I can't help but think that (unrecoverably delete) is in breach of many national and international codes, your own copyright to say the least. Or doesn't Slovenia recognise copyright laws? Or human rights, or the right to work to earn a living etc?

        > As a fair citizen I need to obey the legal institution but I have a right to make a fun from it in a fair way untill it change the decision.

        You have plenty of friends, perhaps whenever you want to take an urban pano you should announce it as an event, and invite people down to partake in it. Put signs up (perhaps printed on the backs of your volunteers T-shirts/jackets) that anyone who does not want to get in the pictures should keep away? Then not only can you call it an "event", anyone who participates will have given their permission, and you could get some free publicity for it - good for you, perhaps not so good for your oppressors ...

        KathyW.
      • Mark Fink
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 3, 2011
          >... I need to unrecoverby  delete my source images after masking,

          It would be a tragedy if someone stole one of your backup drives with all of
          your source images and escaped the country before being apprehended. Truly a
          tragedy... ;^)

          Mark