Re: Information commissioner: very final !

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011

      > According Slovenian IC (now I am trained and educated after few momnths of "political education" and "brain wash" ...lol...) none of your VRPs you gave as an example would be illegal... soldiers marching is event, walking on the river is event..., maremaid ... it is event (on the limit but still ok.)
      >
      > But would be illegal:
      >
      > http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/nyhavn-1.html
      > http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/nyhavn-2.html

      Just needs some text
      1. Nyhavn was full of people last weekend because of the very beautiful late summer weather. http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/nyhavn-1.html
      2. The Fejø Fruit ship arrived yesterday at Nyhavn at it's traditional visit each autumn.
      http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/nyhavn-2.html

      Hans

      > http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/stroeget-at-amagertorv.html%c2%a0... e.t.c...
      >

      > You need to mask or blur peoples faces and after publishing panoramas unrecoverable destroy source photographies... but luckily it is not Slovenia nor Switzerland...
      >
      > Bostjan
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
        With that argument the No.2 should be legal... but you need to explain that with the short text nearby panorama. I have got a list of my illegal panoramas and one was from the year 2006 on September 22nd taken on the railway station. It was a No Car day. IC claimed that panorama is illegal even it was written in the nadir that was an event. Luckly I had published that panorama to WWP Transport event: http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp906/html/BostjanBurger-2479.html .
        A good argument would be taking panorama for WWP events... seriously.

        Boštjan

        > According Slovenian IC (now I am trained and educated after few momnths of "political education" and "brain wash" ...lol...) none of your VRPs you gave as an example would be illegal... soldiers marching is event, walking on the river is event..., maremaid ... it is event (on the limit but still ok.)

        > But would be illegal:

        > http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/nyhavn-1.html

        > http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/nyhavn-2.html

        Just needs some text
        1. Nyhavn was full of people last weekend because of the very beautiful late summer weather. http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/nyhavn-1.html
        2. The Fejø Fruit ship arrived yesterday at Nyhavn at it's traditional visit each autumn.
        http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/nyhavn-2.html

        Hans

      • Christian Bloch
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
          Wow.

          I sure hope newspapers will warn potential tourists that all their photos in slovenia will be illegal. Better hand out stacks of model releases at the border. Also, they should set an example and have police confiscate all camera phones on some popular tourist spot.

          Sorry about that.

          Blochi
        • prague
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 3, 2011
            Bostjan,

            Why do you take all your panos offline again?

            Why don't you fight it?

            Isn't it the *obligation* of citizens to resist laws that are unjust? Otherwise, how can anything be changed?

            You have gotten a lot of sympathy from fellow photographers over this, but that won't get anyone very far, and certainly won't change anything.

            Jeffrey

            > Wow.
            >
            > I sure hope newspapers will warn potential tourists that all their photos in slovenia will be illegal. Better hand out stacks of model releases at the border. Also, they should set an example and have police confiscate all camera phones on some popular tourist spot.
            >
            > Sorry about that.
            >
            > Blochi

          • Bostjan Burger
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 3, 2011
              I didn't take all my panos offline and I didn't announce that. I have kept that what is needed for e-learning programmes with direct links to my site (web sites but mostly moodle e-learnig classrooms). And I am  still taking panos - here I was two days ago:  http://www.burger.si/KSA/Rzenik/01.html%c2%a0and here: http://www.burger.si/KSA/Konj/01.html%c2%a0. (documenting Alps: http://www.burger.si/KSA/ksa_zemljevid.html%c2%a0) That panos show acctuall my daily life ...  I am not "urban" man... towns and streets are only a very small part of my panos.
              I have taken away only urban areas ... most of people "have got" the parody "So long and thanks ..." from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy . That space birocartic creatures and (slovenian) birocracy... that is my way of the protest, as it was that masking peoples faces with African masks... as masking was not enought, but I need to unrecoverby  delete my source images after masking, it was safe to remove masked panos and find other resistance. As a fair citizen I need to obey the legal institution but I have a right to make a fun from it in a fair way untill it change the decision. Here in Slovenia are only random shooting panoraphers and only few responded. Even some Slovenian diplomats has responded using my web site for a Slovenian promotion last decade, as some stuff has vanished and that text from HG2Galaxy appeared... they got a clue and it very embarrassing...but not for me ;)

              Boštjan

              ________________________________
              Why do you take all your panos offline again?

              Why don't you fight it?

              Isn't it the *obligation* of citizens to resist laws that are unjust? Otherwise, how can anything be changed?

              You have gotten a lot of sympathy from fellow photographers over this, but that won't get anyone very far, and certainly won't change anything.

              Jeffrey

              > Wow.
              >
              > I sure hope newspapers will warn potential tourists that all their photos in slovenia will be illegal. Better hand out stacks of model releases at the border. Also, they should set an example and have police confiscate all camera phones on some popular tourist spot.
              >
              > Sorry about that.
              >
              > Blochi

            • Kathy Wheeler
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 3, 2011
                Hey Bostjan :-)

                On 12/04/2011, at 8:17 AM, Bostjan Burger wrote:
                > but I need to unrecoverby delete my source images after masking,

                I can't help but think that (unrecoverably delete) is in breach of many national and international codes, your own copyright to say the least. Or doesn't Slovenia recognise copyright laws? Or human rights, or the right to work to earn a living etc?

                > As a fair citizen I need to obey the legal institution but I have a right to make a fun from it in a fair way untill it change the decision.

                You have plenty of friends, perhaps whenever you want to take an urban pano you should announce it as an event, and invite people down to partake in it. Put signs up (perhaps printed on the backs of your volunteers T-shirts/jackets) that anyone who does not want to get in the pictures should keep away? Then not only can you call it an "event", anyone who participates will have given their permission, and you could get some free publicity for it - good for you, perhaps not so good for your oppressors ...

                KathyW.
              • Mark Fink
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 3, 2011
                  >... I need to unrecoverby  delete my source images after masking,

                  It would be a tragedy if someone stole one of your backup drives with all of
                  your source images and escaped the country before being apprehended. Truly a
                  tragedy... ;^)

                  Mark