Re: map projections

  • cvoneinem
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dicere" <dicereabdere@...> wrote:

      > A different perspective.
      > http://xkcd.com/977/

      I doubt it's that different to
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/52395> and

      Carl
    • Uri
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dicere" <dicereabdere@...> wrote:

        > A different perspective.
        >
        > http://xkcd.com/977/

        Flaming Pear has a Photoshop plugin 'Flexify' that can map images into dozens of projections, some I've never heard about. They have a downloadable demo. Fun!

        http://www.flamingpear.com/
      • Don Bain
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
          > Flaming Pear has a Photoshop plugin 'Flexify' that can map images into dozens of projections, some I've never heard about.

          If you really want to play with map projections, have a look at GeoCart:
          http://www.mapthematics.com/

          This is what I used in teaching cartography at UC Berkeley. The list of projections and variations is amazing.

          It is an expensive program, but there is a free downloadable demo.

          Don