Re: [PanoToolsNG] Photo Storage Image Tank

  • Manfred Kröger
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2011
      Hi Rodrigo,

      I've have a Hyperdrive ColorSpace. It's an older model (IDE HDD inside) but this was already really great. It accepts SD(HC), CF. The battery lasts very long: They say up to 120GB of backup, although this is not a real world number because you would probably not switch off the display and the verify modes. I did not try it but I think about 60GB is possible. Yes, it has a small display where you can even look at your raw pictures. Decoding is slow but it's possible. The newer models accepts SATA drives and I think they have a larger display, too. It has different verify modes (they differ in speed and test method) so that you can be sure your data is not corrupted during transfer. Oh, it has a standard Li ion battery that you can replace and you recharge it in the device by USB. If you don't have access to that, you can at least buy one or two more batteries, depending on your needs, and charge them before your trip.

      Manfred

      On 29.11.2011 14:54, colchagua007 wrote:

      Dear All,

      Please forgive me if this topic have already been covered on the list; does anybody knows of a good Photo Storage Image Tank to Back up my photo's on the move. I don't have a desktop/I-pad so it has to be a sort of copy images from card to drive, battery device, that read all cards. I use to have one but alas it sufered a spike and the little PCB in board was toasted, still have the 3inch HD but no way of accesing it, the original Manufacturers don't produce one anymore.
      I need a new one anyway, therefore I thought of asking the pundits if they know of a good reliable reasonable priced one.

      Kind regards,

      Rodrigo

    • prague
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2011
        i've had a hyperdrive space for 5 years now. doesn't get much use anymore since i have a couple 64GB sd cards (!!!)

        it uses standard IDE 2.5" drives, if you wanna upgrade the size, and you can buy new internal batteries from their site.