Photo Storage Image Tank

  • colchagua007
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2011
      Dear All,

      Please forgive me if this topic have already been covered on the list; does anybody knows of a good Photo Storage Image Tank to Back up my photo's on the move. I don't have a desktop/I-pad so it has to be a sort of copy images from card to drive, battery device, that read all cards. I use to have one but alas it sufered a spike and the little PCB in board was toasted, still have the 3inch HD but no way of accesing it, the original Manufacturers don't produce one anymore.
      I need a new one anyway, therefore I thought of asking the pundits if they know of a good reliable reasonable priced one.

      Kind regards,

      Rodrigo
    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 29, 2011
        På Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:54:45 +0100, skrev colchagua007 <alarcon@...>:

        > Dear All,
        >
        > Please forgive me if this topic have already been covered on the list; does anybody knows of a good Photo Storage Image Tank to Back up my photo's on the move. I don't have a desktop/I-pad so it has to be a sort of copy images from card to drive, battery device, that read all cards. I use to have one but alas it sufered a spike and the little PCB in board was toasted, still have the 3inch HD but no way of accesing it, the original Manufacturers don't produce one anymore.
        > I need a new one anyway, therefore I thought of asking the pundits if they know of a good reliable reasonable priced one.

        Those Wolverine PicPac II devices looks nice - and a lot cheaper than the ones from Epson, which costs about the same as a full laptop.
        http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=wolverine&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

      • Matthew Rogers
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 29, 2011
          You can't even copy a 16gb card onto it without having to recharge it, a pretty pointless device.

          Matt

          On 29 Nov 2011, at 16:17, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

          > På Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:54:45 +0100, skrev colchagua007 <alarcon@...>:
          >
          >> Dear All,
          >>
          >> Please forgive me if this topic have already been covered on the list; does anybody knows of a good Photo Storage Image Tank to Back up my photo's on the move. I don't have a desktop/I-pad so it has to be a sort of copy images from card to drive, battery device, that read all cards. I use to have one but alas it sufered a spike and the little PCB in board was toasted, still have the 3inch HD but no way of accesing it, the original Manufacturers don't produce one anymore.
          >> I need a new one anyway, therefore I thought of asking the pundits if they know of a good reliable reasonable priced one.
          >
          > Those Wolverine PicPac II devices looks nice - and a lot cheaper than the ones from Epson, which costs about the same as a full laptop.
          > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=wolverine&N=0&InitialSearch=yes
          >
          > --
          > Bjørn K Nilssen - bk@... - 3D and panoramas

        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 29, 2011
            På Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:49:47 +0100, skrev Matthew Rogers <matthew@...>:

            > You can't even copy a 16gb card onto it without having to recharge it, a pretty pointless device.

            So what's the alternatives?
            Looks like most users are very happy with it?
            It certainly would serve my needs very well. My biggest cards are 4GB, and I never fill them up.
            Besides, when I travel I always have access to AC power (even in my car) anyway.

            > Matt
            >
            > On 29 Nov 2011, at 16:17, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
            >
            >> På Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:54:45 +0100, skrev colchagua007 <alarcon@...>:
            >>
            >>> Dear All,
            >>>
            >>> Please forgive me if this topic have already been covered on the list; does anybody knows of a good Photo Storage Image Tank to Back up my photo's on the move. I don't have a desktop/I-pad so it has to be a sort of copy images from card to drive, battery device, that read all cards. I use to have one but alas it sufered a spike and the little PCB in board was toasted, still have the 3inch HD but no way of accesing it, the original Manufacturers don't produce one anymore.
            >>> I need a new one anyway, therefore I thought of asking the pundits if they know of a good reliable reasonable priced one.
            >>
            >> Those Wolverine PicPac II devices looks nice - and a lot cheaper than the ones from Epson, which costs about the same as a full laptop.
            >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=wolverine&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

          • Sacha Griffin
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 29, 2011
              I use a dell mini + wd passport + flash reader.
              Everything is super small, light, cheap and gives you the capability for
              real office work. Plus potentially you could check your photos on site as
              well.
              Just like in cooking it's not so good to have umpteen uni-task items.

              Sacha Griffin
              http://www.seeit360.com
              http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
              http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360
              EMAIL: sachagriffin@...
              IM: sachagriffin007@...
              Office: 404-551-4275

              <matthew@...>:

              > You can't even copy a 16gb card onto it without having to recharge it, a
              pretty pointless device.

              So what's the alternatives?
              Looks like most users are very happy with it?
              It certainly would serve my needs very well. My biggest cards are 4GB, and I
              never fill them up.
              Besides, when I travel I always have access to AC power (even in my car)
              anyway.

            • Manfred Kröger

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 30, 2011
                  i've had a hyperdrive space for 5 years now. doesn't get much use anymore since i have a couple 64GB sd cards (!!!)

                  it uses standard IDE 2.5" drives, if you wanna upgrade the size, and you can buy new internal batteries from their site.