New version of Samyang 8mm for Nikon

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2011
    • prague
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2011
        this is only because nikon cameras are "dumb" in this particular way - they can't just use auto exposure with any kind of manual lens (the way canon cameras can), right? :)

        > http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/11/25/samyang8nikon

      • cvoneinem
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2011
          That's a reoccuring myth. I'm not sure how the Canon cameras get along with pre-EOS lenses but my D-300 works quite nicely with the manual lenses I have. Beginning with the D200 / D2 on all pro / semi-pro models you just need to set the widest aperture in the camera's settings and you'll have the right info for exposure/aperture in the EXIF info and also automatic exposure works as expected (e.g. comparing to how it works on a F3).

          Auto exposure is highly overrated btw ;-)