google street view, the artist

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 21, 2011
      http://aaronhobson.com/gsv1.html

      cue Hans ranting in 3,2,1....
       ;)

    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 21, 2011
        Check for Mishka Henner.. he is good.

        Bostjan

        From: Jeffrey Martin <panoramas@...>
        To: panotoolsng <PANOtoolsng@yahoogroups.com>
        Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 9:37 AM
        Subject: [PanoToolsNG] google street view, the artist

        http://aaronhobson.com/gsv1.html

        cue Hans ranting in 3,2,1....
         ;)

      • Isaac Garcia
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 21, 2011
          I´ll jump in ahead and say... "That´s actually pretty lame".

          ;^)

          Cheers from Madrid.

          --
          Isaac García

          http://www.coletassoft.com
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletassoft
          http://www.facebook.com/coletassoft
          http://twitter.com/coletassoft
          http://coletassoft.tumblr.com/
          http://coletassoft.deviantART.com

          JFGI | RTFM
        • Christian Bloch
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 21, 2011
            Than I will counter by saying… "This is a great example how post-processing can turn shit into gold nuggets."

            ;) Blochi

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 21, 2011
              From the Google terms of use (google maps, google earth, gsv):

              2. Restrictions on Use. Unless you have received prior written authorization from Google (or, as applicable, from the provider of particular Content), you must not:
              (a) access or use the Products or any Content through any technology or means other than those provided in the Products, or through other explicitly authorized means Google may designate (such as through the Google Maps/Google Earth APIs);
              (b) copy, translate, modify, or make derivative works of the Content or any part thereof;
              (c) redistribute, sublicense, rent, publish, sell, assign, lease, market, transfer, or otherwise make the Products or Content available to third parties;

              4. Content in the Products. Google Maps and Google Earth allow you to access and view a variety of content, including but not limited to photographic imagery, map and terrain data, business listings, reviews, traffic, and other related information provided by Google, its licensors, and its users (the "Content"). Additionally, you may choose to access other third party content made available in the Products through Google services such as Google Gadgets. You understand and agree to the following:

              (b) By using the Products, you do not receive any, and Google and/or its licensors and users retain all ownership rights in the Content. You may not use, access or allow others to use or access the Content in any manner not permitted under the Terms, unless you have been specifically permitted to do so by Google or by the owner of that Content, in a separate agreement.

              But aside from that I still see this as a pretty clear example of GIGO.

              I will concede that at least two of them are a bit interestong, though.

              Cheers.

              On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:

              Than I will counter by saying… "This is a great example how post-processing can turn shit into gold nuggets."

              ;) Blochi

              On Nov 21, 2011, at 6:54 AM, Isaac Garcia wrote:

              I´ll jump in ahead and say... "That´s actually pretty lame".

              --
              Isaac García

              http://www.coletassoft.com
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletassoft
              http://www.facebook.com/coletassoft
              http://twitter.com/coletassoft
              http://coletassoft.tumblr.com/
              http://coletassoft.deviantART.com

              JFGI | RTFM
            • Patrick Cheatham
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 21, 2011
                > http://aaronhobson.com/gsv1.html

                Cool stuff! I find his close-quarter panoramics much more interesting than the GSV ones.

                Patrick Cheatham
                patrick@...
                (415) 290-8185

                Portfolio: http://patrickcheatham.com