Know your panoramic acronyms

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2011
      http://www.acronymgeek.com/reverse/Panoramic+Optical+Display

      I was checking out PODs (aka Panoramic Optical Displays) when I found this site listing all the panoramic acronyms you might ever need ... who knew for instance that FPP meant "Floating Panoramic Photography" :-)

      PeterM
    • cvoneinem
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2011
        > http://www.acronymgeek.com/reverse/Panoramic+Optical+Display
        > who knew for instance that FPP meant
        > "Floating Panoramic Photography" :-)

        Also good to know about PPPP!

        I first thought it must be something like
        "People Producing Panoramic Pictures", maybe
        "Panoramic Picture Privacy Project" (by the government of Slovenia) or even
        "Panoramic Point-to-Point Protocol" (used for feature matching to dynamically link panoramic scenes e.g. in Google Street View).

        Instead it (clearly!) is "Panoramic Pictures Panoramic Pictures" :-)