Video characters tool

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2011
      .. using Kinect, Stage Presence
      https://vix.tv/
      makes a video with a green background you can add to panoramas I would think (in Krpano at least, by making a Flash video with transparent background). The advantage over actually shooting it with a green screen is that you dont need the green screen and the lighting could be the natural lighting. The disadvantage is that the edges are a bit blurrier than usual

      PeterM
    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2011
        re video characters
        this new example .. from the panoguide forum ... is remarkably seamless and ambitious
        http://www.multipla.tv/

        we need this in 3d :-)

        PeterM

        > .. using Kinect, Stage Presence
        > https://vix.tv/
        > makes a video with a green background you can add to panoramas I would think (in Krpano at least, by making a Flash video with transparent background). The advantage over actually shooting it with a green screen is that you dont need the green screen and the lighting could be the natural lighting. The disadvantage is that the edges are a bit blurrier than usual
        >
        > PeterM

      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 2011

          Seemless video in 360’s has actually been pretty doable for many years now even for older players such as Flash Panorama Player.

          The trick is simply shooting your video with the same fisheye or lens as you stitched with on your 360 head, in order to export a registered image sequence. Or you could stich in a mismatch lens, say rectilinear to boost quality/resolution.  I imagine it’s not much different to process two sequences to 3d.

          Multiplay.tv made a wonderful project and made excellent use of the technology.

          Sacha Griffin

          http://www.seeit360.com

          http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

          http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

          EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

          IM: sachagriffin007@...

          Office: 404-551-4275

          this new example .. from the panoguide forum ... is remarkably seamless and ambitious
          http://www.multipla.tv/

          we need this in 3d :-)

          PeterM

          > .. using Kinect, Stage Presence
          > https://vix.tv/
          > makes a video with a green background you can add to panoramas I would think (in Krpano at least, by making a Flash video with transparent background). The advantage over actually shooting it with a green screen is that you dont need the green screen and the lighting could be the natural lighting. The disadvantage is that the edges are a bit blurrier than usual
          >
          > PeterM

        • panovrx
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 18, 2011
            Actually if you stitch a stereo panorama the usual ways and you extracted a view from each panorama the perspective doesnt match any realworld camera views exactly (you have assembled slices from different viewpoints in space to make the stereo panorama pair). This is why for instance nadir and zenith views are problematic with stereo panoramas. But for vertically narrow character inserts it wouldnt be much of a problem and was done in the Conversations project I worked on once
            http://icinema.unsw.edu.au/projects/conversations/

            >>Multiplay.tv made a wonderful project and made excellent use of the
            > technology.

            I looked for this with no luck

            What puzzles me about the http://www.multipla.tv/ examples is how they cut out the characters so well or blended in the video elements without them looking grainy. Sure with video capable DSLRs its not a problem to shoot the videos with matching perspective. There is an impressive bit especially where characters appear from behind a wall.

            PeterM

            > Seemless video in 360's has actually been pretty doable for many years now
            > even for older players such as Flash Panorama Player.
            >
            > The trick is simply shooting your video with the same fisheye or lens as you
            > stitched with on your 360 head, in order to export a registered image
            > sequence. Or you could stich in a mismatch lens, say rectilinear to boost
            > quality/resolution. I imagine it's not much different to process two
            > sequences to 3d.
            >

            > Multiplay.tv made a wonderful project and made excellent use of the
            > technology.
            >

            > Sacha Griffin

            > <http://www.seeit360.com/> http://www.seeit360.com
            >
            > <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
            >
            > <http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360> http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360
            >
            > EMAIL: sachagriffin@...
            >
            > IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@...> sachagriffin007@...
            >
            > Office: 404-551-4275

          • Sacha Griffin
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 18, 2011

              1.       The overall panorama processing is standard.. no hdr tonemapping bs so that the video will match the 360 in tones. Looking at their images.. it appears they aren’t using a full frame camera, and with a fisheye shot in jpg. The resolution is lower… similar to previous integrated video shots I’ve done personally.

              2.       There isn’t any cutting/masking, just a square video overlay. Not that hard with dslr video shot from the same position as the normal shot. But krpano also has a good tutorial to accomplish this merge perfectly.

              I’m looking forward to you trying. I haven’t broken out my 3d glasses in some weeks now.

              ;)