Re: Rokinon 8mm Fisheye Lens for Nikon

  • Bruce Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6 11:38 AM
      NO, there is not....

      On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Bruce Martin <futurefoods2@...> wrote:
      To help answer your concerns about this lens,....I have been working with it for a few weeks and can say there are some good and not so good issues with it. Interiors, you should not have to many problems, unless there's multi lighting sources ( filtering is not possible). Perspective, it's a little tricky, you'll need PT Gui, Photoshop, or Light Room, Hemi to correct any distortion that will come up. Make sure you don't shot under F8 as depth of field and sharpness will be an issue. Finally, is your camera a cropped or full frame? If cropped your lens as you know is really a 12mm. The big question you need to ask, is the out put more important then the cost factor with other lens costing 3-5 time's more. So if your looking for perfection and cost is no factor, then this lens is not for you.
      As for me, the more I use it, the better it gets and would be hard pressed to match it with the other costing a lot more. I also work with the 14 mm which works out for those other subjects that the 8 is not suited for. One word of caution. The lens coating is very delicate, so be very careful when cleaning.
      Hope this helps, good look and never leave home without your camera....