Re: Jeffery lost his mind

  • robert
    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 2, 2011
      Jeffery,

      You need to stop claiming that I'm somehow against you or 360cities. I'm not.

      Again, if someone disagrees with you it does NOT mean they are against you. On the contrary, it may mean they are simply trying to help you. Honest criticism is hard to take, but worth it's value in gold.

      If I insulted you, or seem provocative, that was not my intent and I apologize. I was simply trying to help you see how off balance your second post in this thread on why all of the 360 photographers have it wrong is.

      You nor anyone else is the savior of 360 photography. It's future is good, always has been and will be. Yes, it's a niche and always will be just like giga work. It has a place, but is hardly needed or useful for the majority of viewers or clients.

      Just like the original sample link you posted, it does not make sense as a 360. It's not the stitching errors or ghosting, it's the location of the shot that makes it's horrific. This particular 360 is a quite too typical example of shooting a 360 when it makes no sense or even detracts from the value that could be made. 360's have a value when they add value, not just because you can.

      As you can see from the general reaction, you need to think about what your saying to this audience.

      The vast majority in this forum are advanced amateurs or professional 360 shooters. They all aspire to produce the best possible image. Imploring them to produce high volume "shitty panoramas" to promote the tide is an insult to us all.

      Lost the mount panorama attitude and I'll stop commenting on what I see.

      Best Regards,

      Robert

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

      > Hi Robert,
      >
      > Your strangely provocative and insulting statements are a bit baffling to me. I'm not sure what it is you have against me.
      >
      > Why don't you give me a call when I'm in Chicago next week because conversations like this shouldn't take place online but rather in person. You can reach me at 847.219.5454 from november 8-13...
      >
      > If you don't want to discuss your hostilities towards me in person, I ask you to please stop writing insults about other people on a public forum. It's not really that polite.
      >
      > Jeffrey
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > >Guys. And Girls. With all due respect... Quite the opposite.
      > > >
      > > >I'm going to continue to help as many...learn how to make shitty panos.
      > >
      > > >... I have a feeling that many of you will do exactly that.
      > > >

      > > Time to give Bruce the wheel dude, move on, let it go.
      > >
      > > Completely out of control.
      > >
      > > Robert

    • jrgen_schrader
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 4, 2011
        Thank you, Eduardo. I'm glad to see there still seem to be people who understand what an open discussion means. I simply don't get why people can't live with other peoples opinions, even not, when they take their time and explain their motivation in detail.

        Using killerphrases (if at all) is not the way to cultivate a discussion where people could benefit from.

        Cheers
        J├╝rgen