Re: Portfolio/website supported QTVR pano/movie

  • dana.petresq@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      Robert, Uri Thank you very much for your insight. Will keep looking to put up a website with my QTVR. Really appreciate, thanks again. Dana

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Uri" <uri@...> wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@> wrote:
      > >
      > > dana, today you pretty much have to create your own web site, not one of the photo portfolio sites supports 360 or even panorama's yet, believe me I've tried for quite a few years to a few of them to notice this, but they just don't seem to care about this form of Photography.
      >
      > Another issue, Dana: I notice you refer to QTVR. If it's so I have to tell you this format is obsolete since Apple dropped Quicktime support for panoramas on several platforms, including Windows.
      >
      > Today, the common standard for panorama viewers is Flash, but even that is going to change since Apple dropped support for Flash in its iPad, iPhone, etc. and other platforms that use iOS.
      >
      > The best way for you may be to use a viewer that supports HTML5/CSS3 like Pano2VR or KRpano. These will create panoramas that work with both Flash and iOS devices.

    • Sam Rohn
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
        hi daniela

        you can use wordpress & panopress to easily build your own website for displaying 360° panoramas

        panopress supports most 360 pano formats, swf & html5 output from krpano, pano2vr, also flashificator and panotour pro - even displays qtvr files as flash w aldo hoeben's cuty player :)

        http://www.panopress.org

        to use panopress, you need to use the self hosted version of wordpress from wordpress.org, not the wordpress.com hosted sites, you need to find a hosting service like hostgator.com - most web hosting services these days have an easy way to install wp automatically, in the end you would have to register a domain name for like $10 dollars a year and get a hosting plan for like $5 dollars a month

        sam

        - - - - -
        Sam Rohn :: New York City
        Panoramic Photography :: http://www.samrohn.com