Re: best for touch screen?

  • pedro_silva58
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2011
      thank you all for your input.
      i want to run a bunch of single panoramas, probably inside a browser (simplest and cheapest for me, i think). looks like it will be no problem then. i'll complain if it turns out otherwise...

      >>> i've come across suggestions that flash creates problems with touchscreens,
      > Could you be a bit more specific?

      for example, on this very list of ours:
      "flash is a usability nightmare with touchscreen"
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/50864

      cheers,
      pedro
    • jrgen_schrader
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2011
        And make sure to change the drag-mode for touchscreeen view.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "pedro_silva58" <pedro_silva58@...> wrote:

        > thank you all for your input.
        > i want to run a bunch of single panoramas, probably inside a browser (simplest and cheapest for me, i think). looks like it will be no problem then. i'll complain if it turns out otherwise...

        > > Could you be a bit more specific?
        >
        > for example, on this very list of ours:
        > "flash is a usability nightmare with touchscreen"
        > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/50864
        >
        > cheers,
        > pedro

      • Jean-Marc Paratte
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 31, 2011

          Hi,

          I’ve recently tested a pano on a Windows Seven PC Tablet TouchScreen and other TouchScreen monitors.

          There are 2 main problems to solve:

          1/ The drag action onto the panorama: When we drag with the finger, we naturally wait for the panorama to follow our finger. Actually it’s just the reverse action with the mouse (FlashpanoramaPlayer, behavior 0,1,2, other players I don’t know). PLEASE, ADD QUICKLY A NEW BEHAVIOR TO REVERSE BEHAVIOR MOUSE DIRECTION.

          2/ onOver and onOut events can’t be used. We can use only onClick event. In consequence, we can’t use effects when we fly over a spot: Alt messages, size effects, transparency effects, etc… Only simple buttons are usable.

          jmP