Rainbow panorama -- art structure

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2011
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH0UnolYRiA
      In Aarhus,on top of a museum, there is this large cylindrical structure giving views of the city in rainbow colors

      this would be an interesting challenge to record as a gigapan

      It is by Olafur Eliasson most famous I guess for his waterfall under Brooklyn Bridge

      PeterM
    • Hans
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2011

        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH0UnolYRiA
        > In Aarhus,on top of a museum, there is this large cylindrical structure giving views of the city in rainbow colors
        >
        > this would be an interesting challenge to record as a gigapan
        >
        > It is by Olafur Eliasson most famous I guess for his waterfall under Brooklyn Bridge
        >
        > PeterM

        I thought of it but I do not think it will be very interesting. The view of Aarhus from AROS is not at all interesting. It would be a 5000x250000 sort of linear panorama with shifting colors but it will not give you the same impression as walking around it.
        Also I guess there will be a lot of distortions from the glass so zooming in would not be much worth.
        Look at the right side of this image.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffmyers/5771101499/sizes/o/in/set-72157626707001725/

        Here is a panorama from below at the Concert hall.
        http://www.panoramas.dk/2011/rainbow-panorama.html

        I think I wait until we have built the lighthouse project at the harbour. That will give you a spectacular view of Aarhus.
        http://lighthouse-aarhus.dk/

        Currently this place is the best view unless I climb up the cathedral.
        http://aarhus.arounder.com/en/city-tour/aarhus-from-the-the-europa-house.html