Re: Portfolio/website supported QTVR pano/movie

  • robert
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2011
      dana, today you pretty much have to create your own web site, not one of the photo portfolio sites supports 360 or even panorama's yet, believe me I've tried for quite a few years to a few of them to notice this, but they just don't seem to care about this form of Photography.

      cheers,

      Robert

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dana.petresq@..." <dana.petresq@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone, this is DanielaI'm new here, I apologies in advance if
      > this topic is already here somewhere,but I didn't find it.
      > I will so appreciate your kindly advice. I just start to play with 360
      > panoramas/mov. I have a EyeSee360 lens; I know it doesn't do a great
      > job, I saw that everyone here are doing such a great job without a 360
      > lens. My panoramas are without nadir and zenith,which is something that
      > I guess won't be ever able to create with my 360 lens.
      > My 1st question here is:In order to show my little work here I need to
      > upload some sample in a portfolio or website that supports this type of
      > files, can anyone advice me where to upload? I looked online and can't
      > figure out a place. I'm willing to make a website too even if my work is
      > not exceptional.
      > Thank you very much all. Hope my question is not confusing.

    • Uri
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2011
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@...> wrote:

        > dana, today you pretty much have to create your own web site, not one of the photo portfolio sites supports 360 or even panorama's yet, believe me I've tried for quite a few years to a few of them to notice this, but they just don't seem to care about this form of Photography.

        Another issue, Dana: I notice you refer to QTVR. If it's so I have to tell you this format is obsolete since Apple dropped Quicktime support for panoramas on several platforms, including Windows.

        Today, the common standard for panorama viewers is Flash, but even that is going to change since Apple dropped support for Flash in its iPad, iPhone, etc. and other platforms that use iOS.

        The best way for you may be to use a viewer that supports HTML5/CSS3 like Pano2VR or KRpano. These will create panoramas that work with both Flash and iOS devices.
      • dana.petresq@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
          Robert, Uri Thank you very much for your insight. Will keep looking to put up a website with my QTVR. Really appreciate, thanks again. Dana

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Uri" <uri@...> wrote:

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@> wrote:
          > >
          > > dana, today you pretty much have to create your own web site, not one of the photo portfolio sites supports 360 or even panorama's yet, believe me I've tried for quite a few years to a few of them to notice this, but they just don't seem to care about this form of Photography.
          >
          > Another issue, Dana: I notice you refer to QTVR. If it's so I have to tell you this format is obsolete since Apple dropped Quicktime support for panoramas on several platforms, including Windows.
          >
          > Today, the common standard for panorama viewers is Flash, but even that is going to change since Apple dropped support for Flash in its iPad, iPhone, etc. and other platforms that use iOS.
          >
          > The best way for you may be to use a viewer that supports HTML5/CSS3 like Pano2VR or KRpano. These will create panoramas that work with both Flash and iOS devices.

        • Sam Rohn
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
            hi daniela

            you can use wordpress & panopress to easily build your own website for displaying 360° panoramas

            panopress supports most 360 pano formats, swf & html5 output from krpano, pano2vr, also flashificator and panotour pro - even displays qtvr files as flash w aldo hoeben's cuty player :)

            http://www.panopress.org

            to use panopress, you need to use the self hosted version of wordpress from wordpress.org, not the wordpress.com hosted sites, you need to find a hosting service like hostgator.com - most web hosting services these days have an easy way to install wp automatically, in the end you would have to register a domain name for like $10 dollars a year and get a hosting plan for like $5 dollars a month

            sam

            - - - - -
            Sam Rohn :: New York City
            Panoramic Photography :: http://www.samrohn.com