IE9 and Flash11 problem: the very ultimate solution (3)

  • Jean-Marc Paratte
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2011

      Unfortunaly, there is another new problem with Chrome, Safari, Firefox.

      It’s about interacting with Javascript on SWF object.

      Consider the example below:

      which correctly draws a FPP panorama and resizes the width to 50%. OK with IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox.

      Now if I try to pilot the SWF like the FPP example externalTest.html,

      adding a button to my example:

      <input type="button" value="action1" onClick="fpp_el.myidPanoExecute('pano.pan+=20,100')">

      And

      ExternalInterfaceID='myid'

      In ‘global’ section of xml_file.

      New link:

      http://photo360.jmpicture.com/index8.html

      http://photo360.jmpicture.com/index8.xml

      Works fine with IE, bad with Chrome, Safari, Firefox, only resizes the width, can’t interact with SWF.

      Now with a correction in one line:

                      <object id="fpp_object_2" name="fpp_object_2"

      Adding name=”fpp_object_2”

      In practice, ‘name’ is unused because the code is based on getElementById but this adding is sufficient to solve the problem!!!

      Last URL:

      http://photo360.jmpicture.com/index9.html

      http://photo360.jmpicture.com/index9.xml (same as index8.xml, no change)

      My last idea about the bug: Flash11 has introduced a bug declaring the object to the DOM.

      jmP