Re: [PanoToolsNG] OEM batteries for d700

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2011
      Hmmmm... in the past I used compatible batteries for my cellphones, notebooks, etc.
      I used Duracell, Uniross etc. I hoped there were some like that for cameras..
      I see Duracell
      Uniross
      and WEISS.
      My task was to spend 30 euros on a good 2nd battery, not 10 nor 100

      2011/10/25 Isaac Garcia <coletassoft@...>

      My experience with canon clones is similar.

      I bought 4 for the price of a single original battery. First one to go was about a year and a half, second about 2 years. Those two *died*. The other two lasted (reliably, that is) at least another year.

      The canon original is still fully operational to this day. It belongs to a canon 300d.

      Same with the 30d battery (300d battery is the second battery for it now).

      Of course, the bp511 has no chip to limit use. With the 5dm2 I'd probably go with originals as to avoid potential problems woth chips and what nots.

      Moral of the story? If you need several or many batteries for a project *now* go for clones; if you want one or two for backup on longer days, go for originals, they are worth the investment in the long run.

      Cheers from a rainy for the first time this season Madrid

      OTG

      On Oct 24, 2011 10:16 PM, "Manfred Kröger" <Manfred_Kroeger@...> wrote:

      Hi Luca,

      I can only speak for Nikon D80 and D90 batteries (EN-EL3e), I don't know the type the D700 uses.

      Over the past years I've tried different ones, most of them from Hongkong or China, only two came from Germany. They were much cheaper that the original ones, mostly because I always bought the cheapest ones.

      My experience: If you buy the cheapest ones, you have to buy them twice: If you need one battery, better buy two because they tend to stop working after some time. If you really depend on the batteries, e.g. for your work, better buy a few more. Also be aware that Nikon has some kind of protection in their cameras, so that you can't use all batteries: My D90 would not accept the old cheap batteries I bought for my D80 although they were of the same type. There was no problem with the original one, though. After I found that out, I bought some batteries where the seller stated "D90" in the description.

      If you know this you can decide if it's worth it: my original Nikon batteries never failed me, they are good as new, I think, and the one from the D80 does also work in my D90, but they were too expensive the last time I looked at them. I think you can buy at least 4 from HK/CN or 1 original one from Nikon...

      Manfred

      On 24.10.2011 14:09, luca vascon wrote:

      Anyone has experience?
      What is the bestnon-nikon battery replacement?
      thanx!
      Luca.

      --
      Luca Vascon.