Re: Shooting 3D handheld Panos

  • onezebra1
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 24, 2011
      Having the cameras sitting diagonal is only used for my Canon 15mm lenses to get 180° vertical FOV out of these lenes.
      For shooting 360° 3D panos I will need to shoot 30 or more shots per camera as only the center vertical part of each shot is used.

      For shooting regular panos with the Canon 15mm lens mounted diagonal you need about 9 shots like shown here.
      http://indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/77.html

      > So shooting on a diagonal gives a full 360 at 4 around???
      >
      > onezebra1 wrote:
      > > This is my custom made 3D pano head setup

    • onezebra1
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 24, 2011
        What you said about 4 shots around diagonally got me thinking about my Canon 8-15mm lens for shooting regular panos.
        Gave it a quick test set at 14mm and 4 shots around and it worked. Will do some more testing tomorrow.

        > So shooting on a diagonal gives a full 360 at 4 around???

      • Bostjan Burger
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 24, 2011
          Interesting set and a curage to do handheld panoramas with 15 mm lense. I know that the common (wrong) terminology is 3D photography but right would be stereo photography. That what use "3D" movies or "3D" screens is only a "3D effect", but still stereo.

          :) Bostjan