Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Greetings to all you pan heads.....help

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 23, 2011
      Wasn't SPH303 one of the very first pano heds? I bought it about ten years ago and I still have it... ;)

      Bostjan

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 23, 2011
        Bostjan, sorry I din't get your name correct.

        Again if you could let me know,
         Price? your location, which camera/lens combination?
        are there any instructions or do I go on line, is it complete.
        As it's 10 years old, have you updated the head as I see that they have made a few changes?
        I have a caon XSi with a battery grip and looking at the Peleng or Bower 8 mm lens.

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 24, 2011
          I love to use my 8mm Peleng, but it´s a lens with serious flare issues.
          I no longer use it for comissioned work, but I always carry it on vacations. Take a look at this panos shot with a Rebel XT and 8mm Peleng: http://recorridosvirtuales.com/blogger/uxmal/uxmal.html

          When shooting outdoors, its easy to avoid lens flare: http://www.flickr.com/photos/darth_pollo/5381314625/
          But it becomes a very difficult lens when you have to shoot indoors with multiple light sources.

          2011/10/22 Bruce Martin <futurefoods2@...>

          Now I got it. The Ultimate R1 is what your referring to. When you noted that, I thought that it looked to...simple.
          But now the more I look into it, I'm starting to see that it could work. I have a mono pole that
          could work very easy and light weight. Your correct these lens under 4 or 5
          different names are are the same. I'm leaning towards the Peleng that has no sunshade as the others do.
          I want to thank you, you've helped a lot in solving this issue and made it much easier to choose.
          Now if only the company has them in stock?

          On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 11:17 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

          Bruce

          the lens u choose is exactly the SAME lens as the Rokinon
          they are all made by Samyang and sold under differen brand names

          The R1, means the R1 head from Nodal Ninja
          You can buy it with a ring for this specific lens, just choose the Samyang adapter
          You're gonna love it
          I have both

          best
          AYRTON

          On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Bruce Martin <futurefoods2@...> wrote:

          Felipe

          Thank you, May I ask when you mentioned " good results with your camera using a R1"?

          Also what are your feelings about this lens, if not what fish eye would you recommend
          for 360/180 vr.

          PELENG 8mm

          or the

          Rokinon 8mm

          On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Felipe <felipe@...> wrote:

          In your case, I might even considder a NN3 mk2, which is my choice when I have to travel light. I use with both a Canon Rebel XT and a Canon 50d, the NN4 Is more versatile but a little heavier.
          Maybe you can even get a good result with your camera using a R1.

          Sent from my iPad

          On Oct 22, 2011, at 6:30 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

          Hi Bruce

          NN4 or NN5
          :-)

          good luck

          AYRTON

          On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Bruce Martin <futurefoods2@...> wrote:

          New to this format of panoramas (40 years street photographer and commercial nonsense)  I wanted to ask to those of you that have knowledge
          about 2 different pan heads. My goal are to do full 360 / 180vr pano's. Next  what I currently have for cameras and software.
          Canon XSi ( with battery / remote and a  T3)
          Bell and Howell- 8mm fish eye lens ( I'm about to purchase as I'm living on a fixed income with full disability from parkinson's which I've been able to keep from getting worse with herbs and photography, God helps out a lot too!)
          PT Gui Pro software.

          I'm looking at 2 different heads
          Sunwayfoto
          Nija, NN 4 RD-16

          Final your recommendations on tripod and heads? for the above.

          I can't thank you enough in advance for any recommendation you might have. I'm open to any thing else you might feel I could use to get me going in the right direction.

          Bruce

          L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
          felipe@...
          1998-5246