Opinion of Canon fd 7.5mm SSC fisheye?

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011
      Just curious about that lens. Any opinions.
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011

        Looks like an old P.O.S comparatively.

        I’m confident the new 8-15 zoom would blow that one out of the water and you’d have to get an adapter for a dslr which according to a 2 second google increases the focal length and reduces the aperture even further.

        Lens tech is MUCH better than it used to be.

        Sacha Griffin

        http://www.seeit360.com

        http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

        http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

        EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

        IM: sachagriffin007@...

        Office: 404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011
          > Just curious about that lens. Any opinions.

          I've got one, only used it back in the days of film and didn't have another fisheye to
          compare it with on that medium. I can definitely say that mine is very prone to flare, much
          more so than Sigma's offerings on digital, at least.

          Given the improvements in glasses, coatings and formulations in the decades since its
          manufacture, I'd be surprised if it was any great shakes these days.

          I've been toying with the idea of getting a NEX and an FD adaptor just to see how my old
          FD glass collection would rate today, pretty dismally, I suspect.

          KeithD
        • Ken Warner
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011
            The NEX / FD adapter works just fine. Tried it on my NEX 5 with a Samyang 28mm FD mount. It worked. The adapters are cheap. Maybe you'll be surprised.....