video stitching in ICE

  • Rick Drew
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011

      Anybody try video stitching in ICE yet? I’ve done some tests and it’s pretty impressive. You bring in a video clip, set the start and end points and orientation, then stitch. After it’s done, you can adjust projection, fine tune rotation and position, then export.  Pretty decent results.

      Rick Drew

    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 18, 2011
        Sorry, I was out for a moment (2 years) WTF is ICE?
        :D

        Luca Vascon

        --
        Luca Vascon.

        www.nuovostudio.it
        www.officinepanottiche.com

      • Ian Wood

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 18, 2011
            I tried this once some months ago. The problem was the import. I could
            not feed it my original video stream (mt2s-Video stream from my Sony
            NEX-5). See the result of my experiment here:
            http://www.panotwins.de/cylindrical-panoramas/cylindrical-panorama-from-\
            a-video-source/

            All the best,
            Panotwin Markus
          • markus_matern
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 18, 2011
              Sorry for the broken link, try this one instead:
              http://www.panotwins.de/?p=972

              Best,
              Panotwin Markus
            • Matt Uyttendaele
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 22, 2011
                Bernhard Vogl did a good blog post on thsi feature: http://thepanoramablog.blogspot.com/2011/04/microsoft-ice-update.html

                In addition to setting the start/end points, there is the ability to select regions of interest in frames of the video. This lets you create 'stroboscopic' effects like the one here: http://hdview.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/microsoft-ice-updatevideo-to-panorama-lens-vignette-improved-blending/

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Drew" <rick@...> wrote:

                > Anybody try video stitching in ICE yet? I've done some tests and it's pretty
                > impressive. You bring in a video clip, set the start and end points and
                > orientation, then stitch. After it's done, you can adjust projection, fine
                > tune rotation and position, then export. Pretty decent results.
                >

                > Rick Drew

              • robert
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 22, 2011
                  Hi Matt,

                  OK the obvious question for this group, can ICE do video stitchng from fisheye lenses?

                  And do you see adding any features like Panoptica has? Video inside a panorama?

                  Cheers, Looks Good!

                  Robert

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Uyttendaele" <matt@...> wrote:

                  > Bernhard Vogl did a good blog post on thsi feature: http://thepanoramablog.blogspot.com/2011/04/microsoft-ice-update.html
                  >
                  > In addition to setting the start/end points, there is the ability to select regions of interest in frames of the video. This lets you create 'stroboscopic' effects like the one here: http://hdview.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/microsoft-ice-updatevideo-to-panorama-lens-vignette-improved-blending/
                  >

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Drew" <rick@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Anybody try video stitching in ICE yet? I've done some tests and it's pretty
                  > > impressive. You bring in a video clip, set the start and end points and
                  > > orientation, then stitch. After it's done, you can adjust projection, fine
                  > > tune rotation and position, then export. Pretty decent results.
                  > >

                  > > Rick Drew

                • Matt Uyttendaele
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 22, 2011
                    Sorry, just like the still picture workflow in ICE no fisheye support yet.

                    I just took a look at Panoptica, it's very impressive, somehow I hadn't seen this yet. ICE doesn't do any video output, just video in and still image (panorama, composite, or clean-plate) output.