IE9 and Flash11 problem

  • Jean-Marc Paratte
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011
      I experiment a problem with IE9 since the last upgrade to Flash 11.

      Here are 2 examples, one with IE9 window painting, one without. The SWF is the classic pano.swf from FlashPanoramaPlayer.

      The difference between the 2 examples is only the sizes of the FPP DIV container. 1st is relativ to IE9 window sizes, 2nd is static sizes.

      The problem is with relativ sizes: IE9 paints only the backgroud color and waits for an event like 'right-click/refresh' or resizing the IE9 main window. As soon as IE9 receives an event, it starts Flash and paints its window (HTML codes, images, …).

      http://jmpicture.com/index1.html (DIV FPP sizes 96x98%, IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem !!!)

      http://jmpicture.com/index2.html (DIVFPP sizes 800x600 pixels, no IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem)

      I confirm the bug with Windows 7 32 or 64bit, IE9, Flash 11. Verified on 2 different computers. Just before upgrade Flash on the 2nd computer Windows 7 64bit this morning, IE9 didn't have painting problems.

      With another old computer, Windows XP, Flash 10.2.153.1, the IE window is correctly painted.

      No problems with Chrome or Firefox runing on Windows 7.

      Any ideas?

      Jean-Marc Paratte
    • Jean-Marc Paratte
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 18, 2011
        Is it possible that I'm the only one on Earth who have a problem with IE9 and Flash11 ?

        jmP

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jean-Marc Paratte" <jean-marc@...> wrote:

        > I experiment a problem with IE9 since the last upgrade to Flash 11.
        >
        > Here are 2 examples, one with IE9 window painting, one without. The SWF is the classic pano.swf from FlashPanoramaPlayer.
        >
        > The difference between the 2 examples is only the sizes of the FPP DIV container. 1st is relativ to IE9 window sizes, 2nd is static sizes.
        >
        > The problem is with relativ sizes: IE9 paints only the backgroud color and waits for an event like 'right-click/refresh' or resizing the IE9 main window. As soon as IE9 receives an event, it starts Flash and paints its window (HTML codes, images, …).
        >
        > http://jmpicture.com/index1.html (DIV FPP sizes 96x98%, IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem !!!)
        >
        > http://jmpicture.com/index2.html (DIVFPP sizes 800x600 pixels, no IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem)
        >
        > I confirm the bug with Windows 7 32 or 64bit, IE9, Flash 11. Verified on 2 different computers. Just before upgrade Flash on the 2nd computer Windows 7 64bit this morning, IE9 didn't have painting problems.
        >
        > With another old computer, Windows XP, Flash 10.2.153.1, the IE window is correctly painted.
        >
        > No problems with Chrome or Firefox runing on Windows 7.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Jean-Marc Paratte

      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 18, 2011

          I see it.  Could be your window mode swfobject or who knows.

          But it doesn’t happen on my 100% tours.

          Sent you a PM link

          Sacha Griffin

          http://www.seeit360.com

          http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

          http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

          EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

          IM: sachagriffin007@...

          Office: 404-551-4275

          Is it possible that I'm the only one on Earth who have a problem with IE9 and Flash11 ?

          jmP

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jean-Marc Paratte" <jean-marc@...> wrote:

          > I experiment a problem with IE9 since the last upgrade to Flash 11.
          >
          > Here are 2 examples, one with IE9 window painting, one without. The SWF is the classic pano.swf from FlashPanoramaPlayer.
          >
          > The difference between the 2 examples is only the sizes of the FPP DIV container. 1st is relativ to IE9 window sizes, 2nd is static sizes.
          >
          > The problem is with relativ sizes: IE9 paints only the backgroud color and waits for an event like 'right-click/refresh' or resizing the IE9 main window. As soon as IE9 receives an event, it starts Flash and paints its window (HTML codes, images, …).
          >
          > http://jmpicture.com/index1.html (DIV FPP sizes 96x98%, IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem !!!)
          >
          > http://jmpicture.com/index2.html (DIVFPP sizes 800x600 pixels, no IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem)
          >
          > I confirm the bug with Windows 7 32 or 64bit, IE9, Flash 11. Verified on 2 different computers. Just before upgrade Flash on the 2nd computer Windows 7 64bit this morning, IE9 didn't have painting problems.
          >
          > With another old computer, Windows XP, Flash 10.2.153.1, the IE window is correctly painted.
          >
          > No problems with Chrome or Firefox runing on Windows 7.
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >
          > Jean-Marc Paratte

        • Dudu Tresca
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 18, 2011
            I've with Firefox 3. 6.23  : I lost the mouse when panorama isn't on fullscreen. Just using the control bar I can mouve it. But in full screen it works well ??!!??
            I'm on OS 10.6.4

            DT

            --
            Dudu Tresca

            d.tresca@...
            55 11 2361 1312
            55 11 8421 0729
            www.br360.com.br
            www.coolview.com.br
            http://about.me/dudutresca

            "Think in all, but preserve your copyright"

          • Jean-Marc Paratte
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 18, 2011

              Hi,

              I’ve found a new observation about the bug and a solution:

              Trying 1st link http://jmpicture.com/index1.html, IE9 window not painted, click anywhere in the IE9 window and then click the ‘refresh’ button. IE9 paints the window.

              New links:

              http://jmpicture.com/index3.html with 100/100% sizes (always IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem !!!)

              http://jmpicture.com/index4.html very simplified page without javascript, with ‘<object> and <param> elements (always IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem !!!)

              http://jmpicture.com/index5.html same as previous link but with addition of a line of javascript: <script>document.flashpanoramaplayer.focus();</script>

              This last link is the solution of IE9 and Flash11 problem.

              jmP

              Is it possible that I'm the only one on Earth who have a problem with IE9 and Flash11 ?

              jmP

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jean-Marc Paratte" <jean-marc@...> wrote! :

              > I experiment a problem with IE9 since the last upgrade to Flash 11.
              >
              > Here are 2 examples, one with IE9 window painting, one without. The SWF is the classic pano.swf from FlashPanoramaPlayer.
              >
              > The difference between the 2 examples is only the sizes of the FPP DIV container. 1st is relativ to IE9 window sizes, 2nd is static sizes.
              >
              > The problem is with relativ sizes: IE9 paints only the backgroud color and waits for an event like 'right-click/refresh' or resizing the IE9 main window. As soon as IE9 receives an event, it starts Flash and paints its window (HTML codes, images, …).
              >
              > http://jmpicture.com/index1.html (DIV FPP sizes 96x98%, IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem !!!)
              >
              > http://jmpicture.com/index2.html (DIVFPP sizes 800x600 pixels, no IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer problem)
              ! >
              > I confirm the bug with Windows 7 32 or 64bit, IE9, Flash 11. Verified on 2 different computers. Just before upgrade Flash on the 2nd computer Windows 7 64bit this morning, IE9 didn't have painting problems.
              >
              > With another old computer, Windows XP, Flash 10.2.153.1, the IE window is correctly painted.
              >
              > No problems with Chrome or Firefox runing on Windows 7.
              >
              > Any ideas?
              >
              > Jean-Marc Paratte

            • A Kielcz
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 18, 2011
                only index 1 and 3 works for me

                A Kielcz
                Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

                Note: If you forward this email, please delete the forwarding history, which includes my email address and any others you see in this email. It is a courtesy to me and others who may not wish to have their email addresses sent all over the world. Erasing the history also helps prevent Spammers from gathering addresses and prevents viruses from being sent to your friends and mine.
                No trees were harmed in the posting of this message . . . however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 23, 2011
                  Am 17.10.2011 12:37, schrieb Jean-Marc Paratte:
                  > The problem is with relativ sizes: IE9 paints only the backgroud
                  > color and waits for an event like 'right-click/refresh' or resizing
                  > the IE9 main window. As soon as IE9 receives an event, it starts
                  > Flash and paints its window (HTML codes, images, …).

                  I could reproduce your problem, but only with IE9 64bit (IE version
                  9.0.8.8112.16421 64-bit Edition).
                  It works ok with 32 bit version (same version number).

                  Flash is 11.0.1.152 in both cases.

                  I guess it's not a flash problem but a microsoft one...

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 23, 2011
                    Am 18.10.2011 21:43, schrieb Jean-Marc Paratte:
                    > http://jmpicture.com/index3.htmlwith 100/100% sizes (always IE/Flash
                    > paint/draw/renderer problem !!!)
                    > http://jmpicture.com/index4.htmlvery simplified page without javascript,
                    > with ‘<object> and <param> elements (always IE/Flash paint/draw/renderer
                    > problem !!!)

                    Both above show the problem with IE9 64bit. They don't even display with
                    F5 refresh, right-click refresh works. On IE9 32bit they load perfectly.

                    > http://jmpicture.com/index5.htmlsame as previous link but with addition
                    > of a line of javascript:
                    > <script>document.flashpanoramaplayer.focus();</script>

                    This works in all versions.