the new player VRSmarty leaks

  • vrsmarty
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 16, 2011
      the player has been finished

      now, I am working on the webpage, once the webpage is finished - the official VRSmarty package will be released, if anyone is interested you can download the latest package from this link: http://vrsmarty.com/VRSmarty_v1.0_package.zip

      there is a working forum, join us: http://vrsmarty.com/forum/
      an official docs webpage is here: http://vrsmarty.com/docs_and_samples/

      if you create a virtual tour with VRSmarty or a plugin for the player and make it open source - you can even get the pro version of the player for free - this will not last long, especially giving away the player for the tour as there are already a few tours created that show the power of the player, here are some:
      http://www.wirtualne.siemiatycze.pl/
      http://www.kresowiaksiemiatycze.pl/
      http://www.drohiczyn.nazwa.pl/zamkowa/
      http://vrsmarty.com/podkotelnica/

      the player will have 2 versions:

      1) pro - 100 Euro - multidomain - users get a special key to generate new licences for different domains: http://vrsmarty.com/docs_and_samples/docs/vrsmaty_key.htm as you can see the key can also protect your xml

      2) home - 30 Euro - up to 5 domains - users get a licence file without the key and can freely use the player on up to 5 domains

      3) upgrade form home to pro for 70 Euro + 10 Euro administrative costs (these costs are double work to manually create the key/license)

      both versions have full features, the only difference is the licence for home or key to generate licenses for pro versions
      both licenses are for particular version, the current version is version 1.xx, an upgrade will be available when a new version 2 of the player is released

      demo version is full featured too - it only displays branding on each cube face

      if you own a shop and want to distribute the player please let me know - a different price is for partners

      the player comes with a bunch of plugins, all plugins are either full versions or are very usable
      at this moment there will be 2 commercial plugins
      1) screener - unlicensed version will email a mail to 1 friend
      2) puzzles - unlicensed version will create puzzles 3x3 on front cube face (this includes flat panoramas)

      full version of plugins will cost 25 Euro or you can buy all licenses for all plugins I would ever create for 100 Euro

      most plugins are open source, some sources are included in the package
      some will be downloadable via webpage
      if a source is not available - this source can be bought for 50 Euro,
      source of the editor plugin is available for 100 Euro

      there will be a special opening offer for the first month since the webpage is ready and open:
      everyone who buys the player license during the first month will get the screener and the puzzles plugins licenses for free
      additionally Palmela 2011 attendees will have a special discount - 30% off any version

      the webpage shall be open in a couple of weeks
    • enridp
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 17, 2011
        Hi Darek, how VRSmarty compares with other alternatives?
        more precisely whar are the advantages over Krpano?

        Thanks !

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 17, 2011
          well,
          vrsmarty more less has the same (or at least similar) features as krpano, fpp or pano2vr

          what it has:
          spots system
          tweening system
          functions including if statement
          multiresolution
          flat panoramas and flat multiresolution
          multiformat support: cubes, skybox, mov
          built in preview feature
          little planet/fisheye projection
          plugin system

          what it has that is different from other players:
          simplicity (and I mean it) - in payer structure, in spot structure, in plugin structure, in functions structure, in xml structure - just everywhere

          TweenMax built in for tweening - all libraries available to plugins

          a special spot called dummy that can be: an image spot, a frame, a mask, a shape nearly anything (and I mean it again)

          DAC - Direct Access to Code - yes - dreams came true, you can use real commands inside xml, you can extend the built in the player features with native flash features, you can create variables and get their values

          plugins that have never been so simple - thanks to DAC, you just create a function inside a plugin and just call it using xml

          extraordinary communication - again, thanks to DAC - you can call any object loaded into the player, any spot or any spot object

          a special key that users will use to protect their work, xml files

          some extra spot types that other players don't have

          it is extremely fast and can run even 3 thousands spots (I haven't tried more)

          vrsmarty is the most open player ever created (except Pano Salado that is open source), and I mean it again - I give access to all important parts of the player, the player has an API where you can find any accessible function, variable, method and you can use them via xml as calls from spots

          I was thinking long about the name of the player - VR smarty is the right one

          once you start working with it - you will never want to use other player and I mean it again, the player is so simple and so powerful that you could never even think this is possible, it is not because of one feature - it is because of all features that make the vrsmarty player
        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 17, 2011
            what about iOS ?

            On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 3:43 PM, vrsmarty <vrsmarty@...> wrote:
[...]

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --

            + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
            + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP

          • vrsmarty
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 17, 2011
              vrsmarty is a flash player, you need flash, if your mashine can have flash - you can use the player

              I am working on another player in html5 that will be a part of the vrsmarty on similar bases as it is in krpano
            • vrsmarty
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 17, 2011
                I forgot, for html5 you may, of course, use any other program to display panoramas, they can't do the same as flash anyway so you don't really loose much
              • Sacha Griffin
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 17, 2011

                  It does look like a nice complete replacement for Flash Panorama Player especially with support for Tommy’s plugins.

                  Not having javascript/css3d/html5 support is a bit scary though.

                  Sacha Griffin

                  http://www.seeit360.com

                  http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

                  http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

                  EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

                  IM: sachagriffin007@...

                  Office: 404-551-4275

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 17, 2011
                    Darek has done a very good job with his player, and I truly hope he will find success with it.

                    On another note Sacha: VRSmarty is as much a replacement for FPP, as Samsung Galaxy is a replacement for iPhone.  If iPhone is replaced, it will be by ... Apple, and not some other provider.

                    When a replacement for FPP is announced, I am sure it will be through the correct channels :)

                    Good luck Darek!

                    Trausti

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 17, 2011
                      Thank you Sacha nad Trausti

                      Sacha, a player in html5 is a totally different thing it is like photoshop and corel draw, they both do graphics but in different field, personally I doubt html5 would ever be good for panoramas, there is a sentence: the right tool for the right job, html5 is not the right tool but is the only tool iThings can accept, I am not going to argue, I need an html5 player as html5 extension that would share the same xml, and vrsmarty will have it one day

                      Trausti, thanks, you could see how I learnt flash, I started by creating my own plugins for FPP that I really loved,
                      you are right vrsmarty has nothing to do with FPP, though I loved the naturality of FPP and decided to go for it in some way, except few names and a general look of the code the xml files are just different, and there is a totally different engine behind the scenes and the xml has different rules
                    • Manuel Cabral

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 18, 2011
                          Hi Manuel, no vrsmarty doesn't support f11 at this moment, if I wanted to do this I would never finish version 1.0

                          yes, it will support f11 as soon as f11 becomes a bit more common, the player is designed this way that the spot system (most important), that partly relies on the panorama is quite independent - in practice it may be moved to any player (and I soon plan to create a "lite" version of the player)