How to convert Probe to Equirectangular format?

  • LoveFilm
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2011
      How do you convert a Probe image into Equirectangular format using PTGui?
    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2011
        På Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:29:50 +0200, skrev LoveFilm <lovefilm@...>:

        > How do you convert a Probe image into Equirectangular format using PTGui?

        Set source lens to fisheye (circular or FF) and hfov to 360 degrees?
        Expect lots of ugly pinching from around the probes perimeter.

        --
        Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas.
      • LoveFilm
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2011
          Thanks! I set it to Circular Fisheye w/ 360 Horizontal FOV and that worked great.

          Just out of curiosity, what would the settings be if using Full Frame Fisheye? No FOV input for that format, asks for Focal length and Focal Length multiplier instead.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2011
            På Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:37:38 +0200, skrev LoveFilm <lovefilm@...>:

            > Thanks! I set it to Circular Fisheye w/ 360 Horizontal FOV and that worked great.
            >
            > Just out of curiosity, what would the settings be if using Full Frame Fisheye? No FOV input for that format, asks for Focal length and Focal Length multiplier instead.

            You can set it to fov in the Lens settings tab. (Advanced mode only?)