Re: Stereo pano -- accurate calibration idea -- extra NPP camera.

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 11, 2011
      http://www.mediavr.com/newtownanaglyph2/newtownanaglyph2.htm

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "onezebra1" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

      > I have 2 Canon 5D-2 cameras that I need to set up with a better way for tripping them. I was afraid to try a spliced cable releases, is it ok to run a spliced cable hooking the 2 cameras together where I can use only 1 wireless remote to trip them?

      Yes this is what I do - without any issues so far. Actually with this particular setup I have the intervalometer (PClix) switched on and connected to a solid state relay and the remote release receiver is wired into that. I do this because you can only start that intervalometer manually.

      Re shooting 5D MkIIs in long continuous bursts. This will quickly reduce the shutter life of your cameras but no more I suspect than just shooting the equivalent number of shots randomly. I dont think firing two cameras together makes it worse.

      5ds are maybe different. At one point I had two 5Ds which I used for timelapse etc and both lost their mirrors at some point .ie. the mirrors came detached in the middle of long bursts. Not when they were in pairs.
      This is a bad sound to be hearing! but it was not a serious repair problem -- unlike a shutter repair. Maybe they have fixed the glue on the 5d MkII mirrors

      PeterM