Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Win an amazing contest with Aroundertouch 2.0

  • Scott Witte
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
      Marco,

      The fact that you have control over accountability of BRScompetitions as you explained it is very reassuring. I thank you sincerely.

      I remain perplexed, in general, as to why these Facebook contests present such intrusive terms if their real intent is relatively benign. The terms go well beyond what is needed for an app to perform, IMO. I speak as someone who more than once has been told, "Don't pay attention to the words in the contract you are signing, what WE intend is only...." only to get burned down the road. In NO way do I suspect that of you, just expressing a general frustration.

      Scott

      On 10/10/2011 5:03 AM, 3z wrote:
      What really happens here is the following. The contest is run by a facebook app we rented for this purpose. The service level agreement of Bestresponse competions,guarantees that they will deliver the data to Arounder only and delete the database after having send the data.
      This is unique, to my knowledge all other contest apps keep the email database.

      By authorizing the app you basically agree that

      1) the app (if you enter the contest)will post on your wall (and therefore on your friends wall) a message stating that you entered the competition.

      2) when you invite friends this will post on their wall (and therefore on their friends wall)the invitation to participate.

      that's it. You have my word.

      --
      Scott Witte

      414.345.9660