Re: [PanoToolsNG] JavaScript object viewer with tiled zooming?

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
      On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Matt Smith <masmith@...> wrote:

      Roger,

      see if this works on a page in django

      <iframe src="http://www.ajax-zoom.com/examples/example15.php" width="50%" height="300">
      </iframe>

      If it does, make a 360 view that is just the player and then add it to your pages content. Just a thought.

      Again, of course it will - there's no reason an iframe won't work in Django app - any iframe issues are purely a limitation of the browser, not the server-side scripting language. But I'm not running PHP on my server just to run an object viewer so unless the PHP components are hosted for me on another server - and that's really not an option in this case - this doesn't really help.

      Can the Ajax Zoom player be effectively separated from its PHP components? For instance, can you provide a tileset for the images, generated offline by one of the many tools that can do so, or do you have to use its backend to generate the tilesets?

      In other words, can I use just the JavaScript/CSS bits (the client-side parts), without their backend (the php parts)?

      Have you used it with zoomable/multirez object VR?

      Thanks!