Win an amazing contest with Aroundertouch 2.0

  • 3z
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
      Hi everybody,

      While reaching 1 million downloads we are launching today Aroundertouch 2.0, available @ app store.

      I'm writing you because it would be great that someone of you would win the contest.

      If u have an iPhone or iPad you can win an amazing contest we called the Swiss Experience.

      A 4 day (3 nights) luxury trip to Switzerland worth 7'000 Euro. You will stay in a suite deluxe at the Bellevue Palace***** in Bern, and be pampered with excursions, helicopter flight, visit to the Jungfraujoch, make your own Emmental cheese, and much more.

      To participate you need to download or update Aroundertouch 2.0, become a Arounder citizen, which mean subscribe to the app. You can do so in a few clicks with Facebook. In your passport there's you unique Citizen ID which you need to input when you participate to the contest, which you can do here:

      You can invite your friends to participate in order to receive extra chances to win. The more people you invite the more times your name will appear in the algorithm when picking the winner.

      You may enter the competition here:
      http://www.facebook.com/aroundertouch?sk=app_193544087324486

      Good luck
      All the best

      marco trezzini
    • Scott Witte
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2011
        Marco,

        I love Arounder! And I find ArounderTouch an exciting development. But in order to enter we have to give BRScompetitions  access to our name, profile picture, gender, networks, User ID, list of friends and other public information. AND BRScompetitions may post status messages, notes, photos and videos ON MY BEHALF. Looks to me like they could easily intend to spam all my friends and networks under guise of being me.

        Please explain why any sane person would want to give that kind of access and control to any third party with no accountability. I wouldn't even give that to my wife. Not suggesting anything nefarious on the part of Arounder. I have no experience with contests on Facebook before, but darn, those terms do not look appealing.

        Scott

        ------------------------------------

        --
        Scott Witte

        414.345.9660
        Member, IVRPA

      • Kathy Wheeler
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2011
          On 10/10/2011, at 11:30 AM, Scott Witte wrote:
          > But in order to enter we have to give BRScompetitions access to our name, profile picture, gender, networks, User ID, list of friends and other public information. AND BRScompetitions may post status messages, notes, photos and videos ON MY BEHALF. Looks to me like they could easily intend to spam all my friends and networks under guise of being me.

          I tend to agree Scott. I've had various "invitations" and "requests" from farcebook with similar intrusive requirements, and they've all been refused point blank. I don't know whether it's Aroundertouch's doing or fault as I've seen this thing often enough to think it's a farcebook default. And it bugs me too!!!!

          There is NO WAY I'm going to give *anyone* "permission" to potentially spam my family and friends on farcebook.

          (Did I say I still really don't like farcebook much? Actually that's probably being too kind ... )

          KathyW.
        • Matthew Rogers
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2011
            Then don't but there's no need to cry about it on an email list is there ?

            Matt

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
              Dear Scott, kathy and everybody else reading.

              I see your point, I felt the same in the beginning.

              Let me put it this way, Facebook, google, your credits card, and everybody else is tracking us completely. At some point I gave up,
              since anyway it's just an illusion to keep some privacy.
              But it took me long, and I surely didn't expect anybody to give up ;-)

              What really happens here is the following. The contest is run by a facebook app we rented for this purpose. The service level agreement of Bestresponse competions,guarantees that they will deliver the data to Arounder only and delete the database after having send the data.
              This is unique, to my knowledge all other contest apps keep the email database.

              By authorizing the app you basically agree that

              1) the app (if you enter the contest)will post on your wall (and therefore on your friends wall) a message stating that you entered the competition.

              2) when you invite friends this will post on their wall (and therefore on their friends wall)the invitation to participate.

              that's it. You have my word.

              at any time you just go to your facebook profile page, click on "account settings". Here you find on the left a menu "apps".
              Here you will see all apps you have authorized. When you delete the app here it will reverse the process of authorizing.

              Clearly a regular Facebook user uses apps as their daily bread, and
              the process of this contest is exactly the same as for millions of people playing facebook games etc...

              So you will ask e why a contest in facebook? Because even the whole VR community is there, posting, creating multiple pages etc...

              Also I'm already friend with many photographers on FB.
              So it seemed a good idea especially because of the viral spreading made possible by doing it in Facebook to reach out more participants.

              I send this mail as a hint because sincerely I would love a VR photographer (who is an arounder citizen) to win, nothing else.

              all the best
              your
              marco trezzini

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Wheeler <kathyw@...> wrote:

              > On 10/10/2011, at 11:30 AM, Scott Witte wrote:
              > > But in order to enter we have to give BRScompetitions access to our name, profile picture, gender, networks, User ID, list of friends and other public information. AND BRScompetitions may post status messages, notes, photos and videos ON MY BEHALF. Looks to me like they could easily intend to spam all my friends and networks under guise of being me.
              >
              > I tend to agree Scott. I've had various "invitations" and "requests" from farcebook with similar intrusive requirements, and they've all been refused point blank. I don't know whether it's Aroundertouch's doing or fault as I've seen this thing often enough to think it's a farcebook default. And it bugs me too!!!!
              >
              > There is NO WAY I'm going to give *anyone* "permission" to potentially spam my family and friends on farcebook.
              >
              > (Did I say I still really don't like farcebook much? Actually that's probably being too kind ... )
              >
              > KathyW.

            • Scott Witte
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
                Marco,

                The fact that you have control over accountability of BRScompetitions as you explained it is very reassuring. I thank you sincerely.

                I remain perplexed, in general, as to why these Facebook contests present such intrusive terms if their real intent is relatively benign. The terms go well beyond what is needed for an app to perform, IMO. I speak as someone who more than once has been told, "Don't pay attention to the words in the contract you are signing, what WE intend is only...." only to get burned down the road. In NO way do I suspect that of you, just expressing a general frustration.

                Scott