Re: [PanoToolsNG] Flash 11 super-charged

  • Isaac Garcia
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 6, 2011
      Christian, id Software has always been ahead of those engines and always releases their engines as open source:

      "eventually id Tech 5 is going to be open source also. This is still the law of the land at id, that the policy is that we’re not going to integrate stuff that’s going to make it impossible for us to do an eventual open source release.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech_5

      Cheers

      PS. I think most (if not all) 360 game editors can load an equirect, problem is, you´d probably be "confined" to mapping it to a sphere to see it correctly.

      On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:

      Well, the Unreal engine is probably best in class. Sort of head-to-head with the CryEngine and Frostbite.
      http://www.frostbite2.com/

      Essentially, these engines are where all the money from First Person Shooters goes. A genre I personally couldn't care less about, but somehow that's what drives the industry. You'd sort of have to look past that violent topic and imagine this technology used for some cool content.

      Anyway, all these three engines are big budget and not really accessible for independent content creators. That's what Unity3D is good in: It's a very easy editor, links in with regular 3D programs (like the free Blender), and it's highly affordable.

      Blochi

      On Oct 5, 2011, at 6:40 PM, robert wrote:

      So what's a great/best in class 360 game editor that can load a EQ?

      Any that could work with best in class 360 engines?

      "Anyway, I'll be even more excited when Unity3D offers Flash 11 output. "

      why?

      --
      Isaac García

      http://www.coletassoft.com