Re: IPad 2 problems with 360cities from Facebook

  • jan.vrsinsky
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
      Hi

      Exactly what Willy says. There's a button (even visible in your original photo) that allows you to open the panorama in Safari app, i.e. outside of the Facebook App. This button looks like an arrow pointing out of a rectangle. When you click on it it will give you the option to open the pano in a native safari app in which the panorama opens just fine.

      Jan

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:

      > It's good to know that you are aware of this and intend to do something about it. But I don't understand your suggestion. Please make it a little clearer.
      >
      > Roger W.
      >
      > Sent from my iPad
      >
      > On Oct 5, 2011, at 6:47 PM, "jan.vrsinsky" <jan.vrsinsky@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > We know about this. It's an issue in facebook and twitter apps, and several others. We've got it on the "to be fixed" list.
      > >
      > > A workaround is to open it in safari (using the arrow button in the corner)
      > >
      > > Jan
      > >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> The attached image shows what I get when I follow a panorama link from FB. Gyro scanning is screwed, too. Up/Down is converted to side-to-side. Argh!
      > >>
      > >> Roger w.
      > >>

      > >> Sent from my iPad
      > >>

      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > --

    • Roger D Williams
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
        Yes, Willy, I got your examples and replied briefly. Most helpful! Thank you... I had accepted the problem with Flash panoramas but was really upset when those designed to work with the iPad and iPhone couldn't be viewed!

        Roger

        Sent from my iPad

        On Oct 5, 2011, at 7:11 PM, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

        Roger  finally  I got your problem !  you are talking  about the Facebook APP !!!!  well on an ipad  there   is  (almost)  no  need to use  the facebook app ,  which is low res as until now  only available  in an iphone version. Facebook via  Safari  looks  great like on any computer and  360cities links are working as  expected.

        If you encounter  any  strange  panorama behavior in special apps  then most of these apps have  an "emergency exit"  to Safari  I will send  you screen shots  in a private mail to make it clear to you.

        Willy

        On Oct 5, 2011, at 12:01, Roger D Williams wrote:

        It's good to know that you are aware of this and intend to do something about it. But I don't understand your suggestion. Please make it a little clearer.

        Roger W.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Oct 5, 2011, at 6:47 PM, "jan.vrsinsky" <jan.vrsinsky@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > We know about this. It's an issue in facebook and twitter apps, and several others. We've got it on the "to be fixed" list.
        >
        > A workaround is to open it in safari (using the arrow button in the corner)
        >
        > Jan
        >

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> The attached image shows what I get when I follow a panorama link from FB. Gyro scanning is screwed, too. Up/Down is converted to side-to-side. Argh!
        >>
        >> Roger w.
        >>

        >> Sent from my iPad

      • Roger D Williams
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
          Yes. Like so many things, it's easy when you know how. My problem is that I did not know this arrow icon could mean different things in different contexts, so I didn't think to try it.

          Roger W.

          Sent from my iPad

          On Oct 5, 2011, at 9:44 PM, "jan.vrsinsky" <jan.vrsinsky@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > Exactly what Willy says. There's a button (even visible in your original photo) that allows you to open the panorama in Safari app, i.e. outside of the Facebook App. This button looks like an arrow pointing out of a rectangle. When you click on it it will give you the option to open the pano in a native safari app in which the panorama opens just fine.
          >
          > Jan
          >

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> It's good to know that you are aware of this and intend to do something about it. But I don't understand your suggestion. Please make it a little clearer.
          >>
          >> Roger W.
          >>
          >> Sent from my iPad
          >>
          >> On Oct 5, 2011, at 6:47 PM, "jan.vrsinsky" <jan.vrsinsky@...> wrote:
          >>
          >>> Hi
          >>>
          >>> We know about this. It's an issue in facebook and twitter apps, and several others. We've got it on the "to be fixed" list.
          >>>
          >>> A workaround is to open it in safari (using the arrow button in the corner)
          >>>
          >>> Jan

          >>> ------------------------------------
          >>>
          >>> --

        • prague
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
            on the contrary, an icon consisting of a box with an arrow pointing out of it (this is what you're referring to i think?) is pretty universal, it means that what you're going to click on is going to open in a new window, not open in the existing window....

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:

            > Yes. Like so many things, it's easy when you know how. My problem is that I did not know this arrow icon could mean different things in different contexts, so I didn't think to try it.
            >
            > Roger W.
            >
            > Sent from my iPad
            >
            > On Oct 5, 2011, at 9:44 PM, "jan.vrsinsky" <jan.vrsinsky@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi
            > >
            > > Exactly what Willy says. There's a button (even visible in your original photo) that allows you to open the panorama in Safari app, i.e. outside of the Facebook App. This button looks like an arrow pointing out of a rectangle. When you click on it it will give you the option to open the pano in a native safari app in which the panorama opens just fine.
            > >
            > > Jan
            > >

            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> It's good to know that you are aware of this and intend to do something about it. But I don't understand your suggestion. Please make it a little clearer.
            > >>
            > >> Roger W.
            > >>
            > >> Sent from my iPad

            > > --

          • Roger D Williams
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
              On Oct 6, 2011, at 6:51 PM, "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

              > on the contrary, an icon consisting of a box with an arrow pointing out of it (this is what you're referring to i think?) is pretty universal, it means that what you're going to click on is going to open in a new window, not open in the existing window....

              "On the contrary"? Contrary to what? That icon most certainly does mean different things in different contexts. I encounter this icon in displays of images where it leads to a whole lot of options I might want to take--mail it, send via MMS, etc,, etc. How am I supposed to know it can also open up in a new window? You're probably so used to this that you cannot think yourself back to the position of someone unfamiliar with it. A bit like the surprise my wife had when I told her that to close down Windows she had to "Click on START." Neither self evident nor "intuitive." But pardon my ignorance of MAC conventions!

              Roger W.